Post Pics of your Defender

ini88

Adventurer
Ivan said:
Hold on a second, you mean your Defender was in a RL photoshoot?

:jealous:

yup, I went to the shoot last Tuesday out on Long Island. They called me up and needed my truck and they paid me too! $400 bucks... a little low, but who cares, I would have done it for free. It should be in the Fall catalog or Fall something, I really have no idea. It's funny how dirty and nasty my truck can get while wheeling it, then you get a phone call and need to clean it asap! There was still loads of dirt and mud under the floor mads. :)

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
RETROFIT said:
Here are a few pics of before and now on my current build.

Pat
Hey. I thought I might meet you at OVLR but given the state of your Rover I can see why you didn't make it! It looks like your truck is going to be SWEET when it's done.

- Andrew.

RETROFIT

Observer
AndrewClarke said:
Hey. I thought I might meet you at OVLR but given the state of your Rover I can see why you didn't make it! It looks like your truck is going to be SWEET when it's done.

- Andrew.

Hey Andrew !

Nop just couldn't make it. But I hope to have it out in time for MAR this year. :wings:

And how is your rig doing after incident ?

Pat

61rover

Observer
My Defender

Here's one from last years National Rally. Lot's of work to do on this one!

J.P. Crouse

1961 Series II
1993 NAS D110
1999 Disco II

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
RETROFIT said:
Hey Andrew !

Nop just couldn't make it. But I hope to have it out in time for MAR this year. :wings:

And how is your rig doing after incident ?

Pat

The connecting rod on cylinder 4 is bent. We thought maybe we could change that with the engine in situ, but I guess not. This weekend hopefully we'll get the engine out and order the parts as needed.

The guy helping me also thinks my head gasket may have been leaking for a while a tiny bit in between cylinders 3 & 4.

While the engine's out I'll also change the timing belt and consider the state of the clutch. Hopefully I'll have it up again before too long.

- Andrew.

Oilworker

Explorer
Here are a few images of my "Rhino Lady" a 1996 110 SW 300Tdi with some minor improvements (e.g. large intercooler, Proflex suspension, SD Full External, Sparco Pro 2000 Seats,....)

Transsyberia 2007....
The only vehicle to master the 3rd special stage in Russia which was declared undriveable by the organizer...
1096980.jpg

1096981.jpg

A small river in Mongolia, which was so tiny that it wasn´t even mentioned in the roadbook. The first river in the roadbook was another 7 miles ahead and was marked as deep...it was .)
1096982.jpg

1096983.jpg

Posing in Mongolia during a long liason stage...
1096984.jpg

Superkarpata 2008
After weeks of rain the roads were tough for the following vehicles. My team mate drove ahead on this stage and I followed in his tracks only to discover that the soil was already compressed to much and just gave way. Later I took the lead and he nearly slid down a mountainside :)
1096985.jpg

Halfway through the race, a quick team shot with my great co-driver....
1096986.jpg

...and an image from the prologue...
1096987.jpg

She´s a daily driver, too, even though she currently suffers a bent front axle and some other damages from the Superkarpata Trophy

So long,

Oily

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Oilworker said:
Here are a few images of my "Rhino Lady" a 1996 110 SW 300Tdi with some minor improvements (e.g. large intercooler, Proflex suspension, SD Full External, Sparco Pro 2000 Seats,....)

Wow. Those are great photos, and I'm more than just a little bit jealous.

- Andrew.

Oilworker

Explorer
Thanx, but why should you be?
It´s only a bloody §$&%?*§$! Land Rover that is again letting me down, wounded...but I love her :)

The front as of last year (running out of time before the next competiton and continuing the install during the Transsyberia 2007)

1097467.jpg

1097468.jpg

And an image from our last greenlane earlier this year

1097469.jpg

Cheers,

Robert

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Oilworker said:
Thanx, but why should you be?
It´s only a bloody §$&%?*§$! Land Rover that is again letting me down, wounded...but I love her :)

To answer your question, it's not just the truck but also the locations. Given the choice, I'd rather drive a Kia through Mongolia than drive your truck to the mall :)

- Andrew.

Oilworker

Explorer
Not yet, just trying hard...We didn´t make it beyond the Prologue of this years Dresden-Breslau Rallye and I am not competing in this years Transsyberia Rallye, only a 90 that I helped set up and build for this event.

But next year will be a fun year again, especially if I manage to build that 130 I have been planning on for quite a while already. May then even come and visit you guys in Canada :)

Cheers,

Robert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior