Post Pics of your FWC with Lifted Trucks

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
View attachment 328997
New to me via Expomike! Custom made 2” lifted front coil and full rear spring pack + 285 BFG ATs.

Nice setup! I spy a splitboard...

Did you rip an old snowboard or buy it that way? Going to start my girl on skis and setup my old board for training/ future backcountry riding. Haven't put on hard boots in 28 years since I made the switch. Not planning on going back.

NikonRon

Adventurer
^ Modify your swing away, that's what I'm going to have to do to mine. I'll be picking up my Four Wheel camper Eagle in just a few weeks. It's going on the Tacoma. Ron

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
^ Modify your swing away, that's what I'm going to have to do to mine. I'll be picking up my Four Wheel camper Eagle in just a few weeks. It's going on the Tacoma. Ron

Not sure that's possible......

23366377010_b261ccfbd6_b.jpg

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Here is a little something we have been cooking up in the shop this winter.....custom bed platform and custom color matched storage box to help better adapt one of our FWC Grandby Flatbeds to the Mog

Mog with camper.jpg

Still have the finishing details to be fitted, but we are getting there!

Stay tuned!

adam88

Explorer

This is awesome. I love it. The cutouts are so underused on these fords! Those 40's look just get absorbed! Are those 40" Toyo MT's?

How much lift is on that? I assume 4.5"? Do you think 40's and cutouts would fit on one of these trucks with just a leveling kit on the front (2" lift?).

Was also wondering about the aluminumess bumper. I noticed on the aluminess site that they tie into the tailgate/bed for support. Is it possible to use an aluminess rear bumper on a flatbed, or would some custom fab need to be done to tie it to the flatbed?

Anyways great build... more photos please :)

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
That's awesome - you had to take your tailgate off right? I've been wanting a pop up but I have a swingout on my rear bumper so I'd need one that's short enough to still use that....

This one would work with a swingout bumper. It's about 2" too long to fit the tailgate, but it doesn't stick out further than the tail lights. A swingout is my plan for the not too distant future.

image.jpg

The Falcons are not common though. 10" shorter than the Finch. As NikonRon mentioned, you would have to modify the swingout with a Finch.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
This one would work with a swingout bumper. It's about 2" too long to fit the tailgate, but it doesn't stick out further than the tail lights. A swingout is my plan for the not too distant future.

View attachment 329973

The Falcons are not common though. 10" shorter than the Finch. As NikonRon mentioned, you would have to modify the swingout with a Finch.

Yea that's what I figured, I tried googling the falcon and it would just lead me to FWC's site but not falcon model was listed. I am gonna give them a call and see about a shell version that's that same length. Did you just search CL and find it or knew someone who had it?

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
Yea that's what I figured, I tried googling the falcon and it would just lead me to FWC's site but not falcon model was listed. I am gonna give them a call and see about a shell version that's that same length. Did you just search CL and find it or knew someone who had it?

I got lucky. It was advertised as a Finch, but I knew it was a Falcon. The seller made a mistake and didn't know the model.

Found a link to the CL posting on Wander the West. He had 8 responses in the first 16 hours. I left after work, from the Bay Area, and drove to Truckee that night to secure it. Sold the Flippac and picked it up 10 days later.

They only made the Falcon for a few years. The shortest one they make now is the Swift. The Falcon is really small inside, which discouraged many potential buyers. I'll figure out a way to make it work!

Bombsight

Observer
Keep the photos coming,
So many awesome rigs out there!

I'll have my own in just a few months.... pics posted for sure!

bmac67

Refreshed the truck a bunch.

2011 Tacoma with a 2014 Front end, Fox DSC coilovers, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Firestone airbags, ARB lockers with 4:56 gears and onboard ARB air.

need to update that signature....

IMG_0951.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior