Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

tstege

Observer
Haha yep that was the idea and I can fit our bikes in without removing the wheels. Works really well for me. Only weighs maybe 200lbs all aluminum. Tyler

jamminalong

HI Everyone! First post here... picked up our '98 Lance in October, got some pics then winterized before snowfall. Currently shopping for the truck, looking for a 3/4 ton.

Back TC.jpg Port Side.jpg Starboard Side.jpg IMG_1220.JPG

dieselandmud

Adventurer
I recently sold my 2000' FWC Hawk to a friend of mine and we bought a 2013' Lance 865 camper to replace it. I am going to miss the FWC, we had a lot of adventures in it, but I am looking forward to the great times ahead of us in our new Lance.
View attachment 137273View attachment 137274View attachment 137275

Mark
Did you remove the LANCE logos yourself or order it that way? It looks great without the huge four foot LANCE decal across the front. Thinking of doing the same except I will take it a step further and remove all the decals. Going with a custom wrap.

GpnAZ

Observer
Chris - I ordered without the Lance logos, no hassle from Lance and they carried through with what I asked. I was also going to not have them do any logos and do a wrap myself, but with no ideas at the time for a wrap I did not want to end up with a plain white camper till who knows when. Post pics once you get a wrap, I would love to see how it looks.

Mark
Did you remove the LANCE logos yourself or order it that way? It looks great without the huge four foot LANCE decal across the front. Thinking of doing the same except I will take it a step further and remove all the decals. Going with a custom wrap.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
HI Everyone! First post here... picked up our '98 Lance in October, got some pics then winterized before snowfall. Currently shopping for the truck, looking for a 3/4 ton.

View attachment 141600

I have an F350 for sale that is set up for a camper with tie down bars, airbags etc. It was a Washington truck up till last April, so would be easy to register for you. Check out "redthies' F350" thread in domestic fullsize if you want to know more. I need a dually for my 3500 lb camper. Otherwise I'd keep the F350 forever. It's totally dialed for travel.

Creature

Observer
How "tippy" do things get with the lift kit + camper? Have been thinking of lifting my 3/4 ton but don't want too much body roll, how bad is it really?

bdshort86

Here's one of my two campers on my old truck. This is a 1998 Skyline Weekender 910 on a 2004 Dodge 3500 HO 4x4 with 285's, but stock otherwise. Pics of the new truck (also a 2004 Dodge 3500 4x4) with the other camper (Lance 815) coming soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 113

landcruiser

Sold our argentinian GibertCar camper and got ourselves a Camper Duaron. This company started building campers 1 year ago ( we have nr 16 ! ) and weird enough is the only manufacturer of truck campers in Brazil.They deliver an excellent and well thought product though! We are very happy with it and are looking forward to our trip from Brazil to Alaksa later this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 189

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Three TC's (2-small hardsides and 1-popup) are doing the Mojave Road in a couple weeks. The problem is there will be seven full-size men in 3 rigs. What to do? With space at a premium for bodies, I've decided to tow my 1955 Bradley behind my Dodge/Lance Lite and reserve the cab area for my brothers...literally since Jeff, Jerry, Jim, John. and Matt Reynolds will all be on the trip. New trailer tires, repacked wheel bearings, everything is in readiness. When we hit the trailhead near Fort Mohave on the Colorado River for the trip west to near Barstow, two of the bodies will hop out and ride their mt. bikes on the trip. It should work as we will be traveling rather slowly over the two-track trail at about the same speed you can go uphill on a mt. bike. We will all lower the pressure on the truck tires (and trailer) for off-road operation. Below are pix of my rig, more-or-less at the ready. All three trucks are of the 4 door variety, so there will be room to slum from one to the other.
The rear wheels/tires on my truck are 33x15.50R16's on 12" wide wheels, essentially super singles. They will come in handy when we cross the dunes. I hear some of the series, "Rat Patrol" was filmed around there in the 1960's.
regards, as always, jefe
DSCN0433_zpsa916ed17.jpg

rear view: the track of the trailer is fairly wide, a good thing for seeing what's happening back there via the truck mirrors.
DSCN0438_zps969041cd.jpg

DSCN0434_zps1f86a3ad.jpg

DSCN0432_zpsfba2475f.jpg

Here is the hitch arrangement:
DSCN0435_zps82b1031f.jpg

Last edited:

Greedyg76

Semper Fi
How "tippy" do things get with the lift kit + camper? Have been thinking of lifting my 3/4 ton but don't want too much body roll, how bad is it really?

You didn't give many details... It depends on how big a lift/tires and what camper. 8" of lift with 37" tires carrying an 11' triple slide, um probly not the best idea. 4" with soft side pop up camper, no problem. My F250 with 2.5" leveling kit and E rated 35's totes our Lance Lite 835 just fine. I have added home made "Stabil-Loads" and they all but eliminated the sway

Creature

Observer
Small lift maybe 3" on a 2012 Ram 2500, 35" tires. Don't have a camper yet, but would be hard side for a shortbed. Thanks for the response.

lampltr

Quasimoto...super set-up! Am hoping later to get a 32' Gooseneck, place a camper (w/slide-out) on the nose and my 72' K5 on the end...

Pat
Sent from my Galaxy III

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears