Post Pic's of your Jeep

GTABurnout

Explorer
GTA,

Looks great!

I'm assuming your fenders and bumpers were not always that nice and black. Could you tell me what you used to paint or dye the plastic and how it is holding up so far?

Correct being an arizona jeep the fenders and plastic was faded pretty bad. I painted them with spray on bed liner from checker. 2 cans did everything a few times over. They have been painted for a total of 2 weeks so I have no clue how well it will hold up. I have high hopes though.

jerbacher

Observer
Correct being an arizona jeep the fenders and plastic was faded pretty bad. I painted them with spray on bed liner from checker. 2 cans did everything a few times over. They have been painted for a total of 2 weeks so I have no clue how well it will hold up. I have high hopes though.

Thanks a lot! Thats my plan for my Liberty as well.

ExpoMike

I have read that the Krylon Fusion paint works very well for the plastic flares. Just clean them with a good wax/grease remover first.

GTA, looking good.

Momrocks

Adventurer
I have read that the Krylon Fusion paint works very well for the plastic flares. Just clean them with a good wax/grease remover first.

GTA, looking good.

I used a Plasti-coat plastic bumper coating product sourced at the local auto parts store on my XJ flares. Turned them from a bluegray to semi-flat black. I did it last summer and they still look great. As with any coating, the result is dependent on the prep. Good advice to use a good wax and grease remover. I also used an adheasion promoter recommended on the spray can. I am very happy with the results. It really added some crispness to the overall look of the Cherokee.

JPNCA

Adventurer
from our latest trip

pass.jpg

pass2.jpg

booger

Observer
what lift and tires do you have?

post some more pics.. i have a green 98 XJ that's begging me to put some parts on it :)

XJTony

Front bumper is a Nates 4x4, rear is home brew built into an air tank.
Rubicon Express 5.5 extreme duty lift
Tires are 33's from Treadwright.com (I highly recommend this company, they have great customer service and a great product. The tires work very well and are well made for less than $100 a tire)
Hd steering from Rustys
I will have a roof rack and some Edlebrock IAS remote res shocks added in a few months.
Here are a few more pics from Katemcy in Mason Tx
SN151154.jpg

SN151162.jpg

SN151113.jpg

SN151146.jpg

Oilworker

Explorer
This ain't mine, but I just met the owner at a friend's workshop who's building these axles (not only for Jeeps)...

2193329.jpg

2193339.jpg

The next event he's going to compete in is a Expedition Trophy in Romania (www.superkarpata.com)

So long,

Robert

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Here is the most recent photo of my rig. AZ LOST Fun In The Sun event in the Oro Valley area. This was taken on the Charleou Gap trail through the Coronado National Forest

3479247192_7d519af485_b.jpg

3479294056_8d3dbcb214_b.jpg

3479627241_c29b704362_b.jpg

(Thanks NEATUS from LOST for the images, I had forgotten my camera so I am borrowing the images)

FlexdXJ

Adventurer
Tires are 33's from Treadwright.com (I highly recommend this company, they have great customer service and a great product. The tires work very well and are well made for less than $100 a tire)

You said it man! I love mine and my next set will be the MT-G's! They balance well and got from South Dakota to my place in 3 days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger