Post Pic's of your Jeep

Maxcustody

Explorer
I think It is sitting on top of another rock.....there were plenty of them😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oldmonkeybut

Observer
Had an awesome weekend in Moab with a couple friends.
Little did we know that this was a special time to have a guy's weekend.
10253850_10202371080230918_5598105168732240195_n.jpg

That is great! I thought that type of thing only happened to me.

Maverick1701

Adventurer
Attached are pictures of my new (to me) 1954 M38A1. I picked it up from a local seller (my landlord) on friday. The PO purchased it from the fire local department way way back when (jeep still has faded fire dpt markings on the hood/fenders). The Jeep has been sitting since 2002.

I brought it home friday. Since then I have removed tires, hood, windshield, both seats, fuel tank, pressure sprayed 14,000,000,000 pounds of dirt/crap from under/inside the jeep, drained fluids, soaked cylinder bores, pulled spark plugs, pulled wires, and pulled battery trays.

I soaked the cylinder bores all weekend. After 24hrs of soaking I SLOWLY turned over the motor by hand. Sunday afternoon it was turning smoothly and freely. I continued this cycle is soaking and turning by hand. Earlier this evening, I hooked up two new batteries, added oil and the motor turned over under its own power for the first time since 2002. the motor once again turned over smoothly and freely. Obviously I pulled the plugs because I still had motor oil in the cylinder bores during this cranking session.

I have compression....now I need spark and fuel. I have new plugs and wires on the way via snail mail. Once I know that I have spark (for sure) I will work on the carb. I doubt it will still flow fuel but I want to at least give it a try before either sending it off for rebuilt or attempting to rebuild myself.

IMG-20140927-00011.jpg

IMG-20140927-00013.jpg

IMG-20140927-00012.jpg

Perfect, I like the patina. I know it is way down the list of things but there are quite a few guys who have completed and detailed the LED upgrades to those tail light housings on this site.

Maverick1701

Adventurer
Perfect, I like the patina. I know it is way down the list of things but there are quite a few guys who have completed and detailed the LED upgrades to those tail light housings on this site.

Thanks!!! I really like it...no cancer spots found (yet) and it is a piece of local history which is pretty cool.
Thanks for the tip on the LED lights. Ill hunt down the thread and check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998