Post Pic's of your Jeep

U-turn

U-Turn
Just outside of Crested Butte on a 3 day trek.
DSCN5755.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here's my jeep testing out my new maxi hitch I made.
DSCN6537.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
AllAmericanInfidel

My Current Rig:
2014 JKU
JKS JSPEC 2.0 lift
Fox Shocks
EVO MFG rear bumper fascia
EVO MFG D ring frame mounts
EVO MFG rock sliders
FMF Apex Pinnacle front bumper
FMF Vacuum pump relocation
KC Apollo lights
33" BFG AT/KOs
17" Fuel Trophy wheels
Mopar half doors

IMG_0500.jpg
SAM_1596.jpg
SAM_1242.jpg
SAM_1615.jpg
SAM_1584.jpg

iDiggs9

I want to convert mine also! What parts did you have to buy? Tell me as much as you can about what you have done, please.
this is what I have now and what it looks like. I wish Jeep would make a Scrambler again!!

I basically stripped everything inside it out to start with..Then ,cut and removed the rear uprights from the roll bar. After that installed the cab bulkhead and cab.
Thats it in a nutshell. I prepped and Sprayed the bed with Raptor bedliner. I sold everything I took out of the jeep to recoop some of the money. those take-offs sell really good. Especially the top and the rear seat and belts. That stuff brought good money.Just take your time and pay close attention to sealling the bulkhead, and mounting the cab. I have heard horror stories about the cabs leaking. However my cab does not leak. I do have a little wind noise that i am trying to figure out.

U-turn

U-Turn
Semper Fi,
iDiggs9 is correct in all the help he gave you. I've done the same conversion to my LJ. One more word of advice I would give is you might want to think about reinforcing the rear section of your jeep due to the fact you cut out the rear section of your roll bars. This all depends on where you take your jeep and how you drive too. If you stay primarily on road it probably won't be an issue. I didn't reinforce my jeep at first. Then I noticed out on the trail one day that the tub was starting to warp due to twisting of the jeep, I decided to reinforce it. There are many ways to go about it from welding in down bars like I put on mine, to bolting angle iron on the top of the tub. Just keep an eye out on the section between your door and rear fender for the body warp. Mine has been fine since I put the down bars on. I like the old school scrambler look it gave the jeep too.

Here's a few pictures of what I did with my jeep,

Last edited:

Semper Fi

iDiggs9 And U-Turn, I want to thank you for the info you guys gave. I tried to buy a Scrambler before I bought the one I have now. I love the look of them and would like to do the same to this one. I have thought about putting some down bars in the back of the jeep, U-Turn I like yours. I am not so sure if I would sell the things I take out of or, off of the jeep. I like the idea that I can, if I want, go from truck mode to a full cab or soft top. I have been looking at the GR8 tops and, it appears to be the easiest. I think the first thing I am going to do is, remove the rear tire and convert the tailgate to a drop down. I live in PA and I am not sure if I need a third brake light or not. I am not sure where I would put that on the jeep. If there are any extra thoughts you can give me to make this conversion easier or better, please do. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78