Post Pic's of your Jeep

kcowyo

ExPo Original
OverlandXJ said:
XJreassembly2010.jpg

John, that looks awesome. A great color for your XJ. :bowdown:

PS - I think your dog is eating parts off your roof rack.....

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
stumptaco said:
Ok, that looks awesome. Seeing as how I will have my teal/green/blue/puke colored (really, what were they thinking?) XJ in about a weeks time, how about sharing how you did it and what you used if you will. Was it sprayed using an automotive paint gun or something else?

~James

BTW, I think your stick fetching dog is not so sure about the rack.... :)

James, here's a thread at NAXJA on it. Not alot of technical though. I used a cheap spray gun from Harbor Freight but didnt cheap out on anything else.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=942417

Thought you decided not to bring the XJ over to K-Town (yep i'm a vet... Weisbaden 79-82 ) I hoped you would opt for the Troopy you found.

I'll do a quick writeup after the new front axle and Tall/skinny's are on.

Thanks Guys.. :safari-rig:

Oh, and the dog is my bud's, surprised he was still hungry after eating a portion of the carpet at top of stairs that morning. :littlefriend:

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
kcowyo said:
John, that looks awesome. A great color for your XJ. :bowdown:

[/I]

Thanks KC... it was really my only color option. You see... i know this elusive Wyoming dude who happens to own a ************** tan rig.. but i didnt want to be confused with the fella.

:beer:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
But does he have a color matched OD green Warn Winch? I don't think so..... :chowtime:

:campfire:

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
OverlandXJ said:
James, here's a thread at NAXJA on it. Not alot of technical though. I used a cheap spray gun from Harbor Freight but didnt cheap out on anything else.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=942417

Thought you decided not to bring the XJ over to K-Town (yep i'm a vet... Weisbaden 79-82 ) I hoped you would opt for the Troopy you found.

I'll do a quick writeup after the new front axle and Tall/skinny's are on.

Thanks Guys.. :safari-rig:

Oh, and the dog is my bud's, surprised he was still hungry after eating a portion of the carpet at top of stairs that morning. :littlefriend:

Yeah, I decided to BUY an XJ here instead of shipping ours over from the states. It was going to cost about $2,600 bucks just to get it shipped from my inlaws to Germany, so I couldnt really justify spending the money on a perfectly good daily driver jeep that is barely worth the cost to ship it over. So, we will keep the XJ we have in the states as it is much easier when we visit family and friends since we dont need to rent a car. I stumbled on a 1996 XJ sport at the Ramstein Auto Recycling Center (you probably are familar..) this week and put in a bid (for fun really) of $1250.00 dollars. This is obviously half the cost it would have taken to get our XJ over here, so it wasnt a big deal. Well, I found out yesterday I had the high bid, so I went to check out the XJ a little more thoroughly. It has about 50,000 less miles than ours, and everything works perfectly.

The reason it was up for bid/didnt pass inspection?...... Right rear wheel cylinder was blown out and leaking, and the right front signal doesnt work. 15 dollars in parts, and she will be as good as new.

I took delivery of/paid for it yesterday, and have to wait until Friday before I can register it with temps tags and until I get the wheel cylinder fixed. I thought it was a HECK of a deal, so I jumped on it. It was driving me crazy trying to decide what I wanted to do and which vehicle to buy. The Troopy was really cool, but not practical for my current situation. I could have bought it, but would have had no money to do anything cool to it (ok, its already cool, but it would have needed to be "personalized"). With the XJ, I had almost $9,000 bucks left over, so I am getting ready to order a huge amount of goodies to make it as close to the ultimate expedition/trail XJ as I can.

I will post pics of it on Friday.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I just became a member at NAXJA today (stumpXJ), as I have been lurking as a "user" for a while now. I will check out your build thread, thanks again.

~James

(PS, I just re-read my post and understand this is probably WAY more info than anyone wanted to know, but hey.... im excited. :jumping: Thread back on track now. )

Last edited:

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
James, now i got it.

Brett, it's an early Hanson bumper.. i think Wayne said it was #3 that he fabbed.

jerdog, bud works in a body shop. It came from an Overland edition Grand Cherokee. He saw the RTT and tossed it at me.

jerdog53

Explorer
OverlandXJ said:
jerdog, bud works in a body shop. It came from an Overland edition Grand Cherokee. He saw the RTT and tossed it at me.

Sombody needs to gather a supply of those and sell them to the rest of us, i wonder if the dealers have them.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
ADVENTUREXJ said:
104_2441.jpg

I use my Jeep for fun mostly..It gets me were I want to go..Here in the NW
some spots on the river are a chore to ge to.

JACK

Do you have any closeups of your doors? My buddy wants me to make him a set, I'm looking for ideas. Got a shot of the inside of the door?

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Tanto said:
That is shop made. There are only three companies that produce them and none look like that. Nice Dub by the way.

Sweet rear bumper setup! I'm looking into getting the same setup for my WJ. I've seen one online....where else could I find these?

Brett M

Adventurer
OverlandXJ said:
Brett, it's an early Hanson bumper.. i think Wayne said it was #3 that he fabbed.

That's why it looked so familiar. I had talked to him back when I worked for Mepco (Teraflex) about building one.......never got around to it though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998