Post Pic's of your Jeep

condoor

hrjaw said:
Welcome! love the jeep. your trail partner looks like he is standing guard!

Thank you. Yeah she's always on the lookout. That pic was from a year or so ago, but I was there a couple weeks ago and actually saw a pretty good size bear (thanks to her) within 75 yds from that spot.

jh504

Explorer
condoor,
welcome to the site and nice rig. I really like the setup, color, wheels, etc. you chose on your XJ. It looks really clean, I wish mine still looked that clean.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Condoor, sweet rig. Love the front bumper. Who makes that? Like how subtle but flexy your rig is. Now it's time for a few lights :)

IXNAYXJ

Adventurer
nwoods said:
Like how subtle but flexy your rig is.
It sort of sounds like you're talking about wine.

"Mild nose, yet robust taste of gear oil, with a subtle finish of rubber."

:)

-----Matt-----

ExpoMike

Wow, I realized I have replied in this thread but never posted my rig. Humm.... time to change that. :wavey:

PICT4109.jpg

Prescott_trailer_testing_210.jpg

condoor

Purple People Eater said:
Condoor, I saw your Jeep in the customer rigs page at DPG offroad. I bought my suspension system from them as well. Great place. I had a similar setup, until the accident. Nice Jeep.

Yeah I just bought all new JKS control arms from Dirk a couple weeks ago - great folks.

nwoods said:
Condoor, sweet rig. Love the front bumper. Who makes that? Like how subtle but flexy your rig is. Now it's time for a few lights :)

Thanks - it's a Hanson. I bought it used, but I would buy one again in a heartbeat.

boknows

Adventurer
XJ Mike, very nice....love the camper. I saw your post in the trailer page. I wil be picking up my Chaser here in a couple of weeks and can't wait to post up some pics of my new toy

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Not mine, but I stumbled upon this relic while wandering through the property at my in-law's cottage. Looks like former mail/delivery Jeep to me.

I think its been there a while.....;)

Michigan044.jpg

Michigan045.jpg

stick

Adventurer
Sweet. Looks like a DJ5. Someone needs to give that thing some love and bring it back to life. That would make an awesome Expo rig. Plenty of room inside. It would be 2WD, but would have limited slip in the rear D44. Could be easily converted to 4x4 with some parts from a CJ5.

jagular7

Adventurer
That is what I'm looking for to build a racing rig for the RRock Mod-Stock competition over at Hannibal, MO. I have friends that took a Tracker and are doing very well in their second year. I've been to all the races this season (4 total).

Coverting to 4wd wouldn't be too hard and rather simple. Only situation would be the right side driving. Adding a tcase to the back of the trans will depend on the model trans. Also, those DJ came in 4 cyl and 6 cyl configs depending on the mfr yr.

jagular7

Adventurer
I already have this 97 4cyl/auto very basic TJ
100_4296.jpg

And now just picked this 97 6cyl/auto, better loaded TJ today
100_4289.jpg

100_4295.jpg

100_4290.jpg

Kids are very happy. Thought was for Dani and Brian to use for HS transporation. But that 6cyl and ac work very well. It needs hard brake lines. I may use it myself for wheeling and put radials on the Blue TJ for their use.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
This thread needs more flat fenders!

P1010125.jpg

Not really an 'expedition' jeep per say....but its fun andI will ever sell it. Its a little super stocker too....

225 Buick V-6, tiltable Holley 2bbl, Odd fire HEI, Dual exhuast in the frame.
SM420 transmission, Cable clutch linkage with hanging pedals
One off 1/2" thick plate transfer case adapter for the twin stick D18.
D44 rear, 4.27 gears, Power-lok
D27 front, 4.27 gears, disc brakes, power steering, twin lever locking hubs.
32" swampers on shallow backspacing 15x8" wheels

Its super fun to cruise around in. It really give you an appreciation for vehicles of the past. Personally new vehicles just don't feel the same :)
It also attracts 75+ year old men like crazy. I thought one guy was going to knock me with his walker and steal it from me. Half of them swear this was the exact one they drove in the war. I love driving history....

conifers4

Suburban nomad
A picture thats suitable for framing!:victory:
What a great little rig. Thanks for posting such an awesome classic.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
here's my most recent driveway shots. also pic's of our new house (rental, but our's none-the-less).

DSC01816r.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01821r.jpg

DSC01873r.jpg

DSC01872r.jpg

DSC01871r.jpg

DSC01870r.jpg

mod's to date:

--cheap harbor freight winch -that that still works great
--milemarker -winch plate
--tough stuff -hi-lift mount
--hi-lift- i've had for about 10 years.
--custom/home-fabbed limb risers
--congo cage roof rack mount
--custom/bootyfab aluminum roof rack system ($40.00 invested, aluminum sheet found at new house)
--aluminum cargo shelf in rear ($0.00 invested, metal found at new house)
--Cobra CB radio/firestick antennae on custom mount, its mounted at the front of the hood on the grille)
--ORW fire extinguisher holder...rear rollbar/down bar
--factory D44 w/ factory limited slip
--no lift yet, soon to have 1" body/ 1" motor w/ belly up skid and 31's...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998