Post Pic's of your Jeep

realdeal

Observer
I like these better, though. I hope the owners are cool with it...

OT_Fall_09_2023.jpg

jfdhskdhfksjdkgds.jpg

3685179817_d81e601217_b.jpg

3008730895_8caec299f8_b.jpg

sfhdk.jpg

heli_man

One of mine

Here is one of my Jeeps.

http://jeepfc150.blogspot.com/

Its a 1957 FC 150. Pretty rusty, but taking care of that. Have some patch panels to weld in place and have a spare cab that is providing most of the panels. I plan on doing a small suspension lift and will be fabbing up a flat bed for it so I can easily mount/remove a small homemade camper on the back.

I needed to move it around the shop and have a 38.5" super swapmer on the back and it looks pretty mean. A little too large to keep it level in the front. I don't really have too big of plans in taking it offroading. The 57's were built on a modified CJ5 frame, so they are short wheelbase and narrow track. It will be more of a fun truck to hit local campgrounds and some remote fishing areas.

Anyway, I will be doing a lot more work on it in a few weeks when I get my CJ5 prepped to paint, so keep checking the blog for progress!

realdeal

Observer
It can be done right...most people don't.

"Most people" is definitely me, lol. The ones I posted are over processed fake HDR from one pic.

Would toning the processing down a bit work better? I know it would definitely look more real. I've done a couple of personal pics like that - just using the HDR lightly to help with bad lighting from a poor photographer, lol.

DrMoab

Explorer
Yeah I've seen some really nice HDR stuff that is done that way. If you like the surreal look that those HDR pics you posted up, thats great. I know a lot of people do. It just isn't for me.

To me the whole purpose of HDR photography is to make an image look like what you see with a human eye. When they are overblown it goes exactly the opposite and doesn't look real.

realdeal

Observer
Yeah I've seen some really nice HDR stuff that is done that way. If you like the surreal look that those HDR pics you posted up, thats great. I know a lot of people do. It just isn't for me.

To me the whole purpose of HDR photography is to make an image look like what you see with a human eye. When they are overblown it goes exactly the opposite and doesn't look real.

I know exactly what you mean. I'll get over my addiction to the dramatic light effect slider sooner than later, lol. Must..... be..... strooong...

b52

29743450103_large.jpg

At the end of July of 2010 I will be taking this thing across Atlantic Canada - Stand by for expedition write-up!

2000 Jeep Cherokee "the Bomber"

-Rubicon Express 3.5" (Super-flex) lift kit with full leaf packs and Procomp shocks, rancho steering dampener.
-JKS adjustable Trac-bar
-Advanced Adapters SYE kit, and Tom Woods CV Drive-shaft
-15x7 Police packge steel rims (black) (not seen in photo)
-Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT (31X10.50) (not seen in photo)
-Tom Woods "Gold-Seal" U-joints all around
-Warrior Products front RC bumper/brush guard with d-ring mounts
-MANIK Tail-light guards (black)
-Hella 500 fog lights
-AUS Gold Series 4000LB d-rings
-IPF H4 conversion headlights
-GE nighthawk halogens
-Smoked turn signals and side markers
-red/clear with l.e.d reverse lights
-SPEEDTECH 8X L.E.D STL grille pro strobe take down lights
-Optima heavy duty Red top deep cycle battery
-Flowmaster super 44 exhaust with Magnaflow polished rolled and slashed cut tip
-AFE cold air induction, EDGE 62mm bored throttle body and EDGE power programmer
-Lund Roof rack (ordered KargoMaster bushman rack)
-Lund 500LB Hitch mount basket .
-Master Hitch Pin with lock core
-10" FOSGATE p1 in a Bassworx ported box with FOSGATE P2 amp
-Pioneer in dash DVD player
-CompuStar 2 way starter/alarm
-Tom Tom one touch screen Navigation
-Uniden 510pro cb radio, 3 ft. firestick black whip and quadratec fender mount w/ coaxial
-INNO 4X Snowboard roof rack system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger