Post Pic's of your Jeep

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Didn't ask for a math lesson. But glad you figured it out.

Was asking to see his ride (that's all), but thanks for feeling the need to jump in, without a pic.

hack99

299565_10150415138239046_761689045_10826794_3573855_n.jpg

bldeagle10

Explorer
This is a funny statement to me, IMO.
IMO, I think any JEEP with an actual frame is a "real Jeep" IMO. ********

JKs are the best out of the box Jeep ever built. That is a fact.

I've explained this in many threads before, my thought on the matter is that the JK and really all the newer Jeeps have way to much influence from Mercedes-Benz. the saving grace of the JK is the body, frame, and the fact it retains a solid front axle (can't say that much about the new GC) they are highly capable, probably the most capable out of the box yes. but there is just to much Mercedes flair for my taste. my main beef with them is the motor, tranny, all the unnecessary electronic crap (a Jeep should be simple) and the stupid bugs like not being able to regear the 2012's without a special controller form AEV, that last one really irritates the crap out of me...Jeep died with the 4.0 IMO.

and yea that whole frame argument is like arguing with a wall, pointless. CJ frame=weak, YJ frames from my experience rot out to quick.. have no experience with TJ's yet.. yes XJ's have a few minor weak spots, but so did the CJ's

anyways! I feel like people get tired of seeing, or just don't want to see my XJ but here is a few pics, so I am making at least a solid contribution :)
SSPX00065.jpgSSPX0045.jpgDSCN1502.JPGSSPX00085546.jpgSSPX0034.jpg
I need to get a panorama somewhere more worthy of a panorama....

SquareLJ

Observer
That's a nice tj! .. the tag also is stamped TJJH78... LOL.. :)

I know, I was just pointing out that they come from the factory with the designation "LJ". Thank you btw.

Beautiful Rig! It's coming together nicely. You are fortunate to have a rig as that. :Wow1:

Thank you, it has taken me a few years to get to this point on it. Can't wait to continue building it up and then taking it out. Unfortunately I don't get to spend much time with it for now. It rests at my parent's house in California while I'm away in Germany/Afghanistan.

This is a funny statement to me, IMO.
IMO, I think any JEEP with an actual frame is a "real Jeep" IMO. ********

JKs are the best out of the box Jeep ever built. That is a fact.

No argument on that. My best friend has a JK that is all stock and he can go on every trail that I normally go on with my modded LJ. They handle really nice on road and off. The whole debate over which Jeep is better and which ones suck is silly to me. What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for someone else. I could mod a VW bus to do the same stuff my LJ or your JK/WJ/ZJ/whatever J you own. It's just preference. That's my opinion though.

TMPhoto

Observer
Only 4.5in lift consisting of RE coils, Teraflex upper and lower arms, Teraflex front track bar and shocks, IRO rear track bar, and Teraflex disconnects. Trail tires are 33x12.50 MT/R's but will be going to 33x10.50 BFG M/T's when the MT/R's wear out. I have a set of 33x10.50 BFG A/T's that are on it 90% of the time to save gas and wear.

Nice! Sounds like a good set up. Will get you places but is also on the "conservative" side so it doesn't suffer too much in drivability, yeah?

bldeagle10

Explorer
The whole debate over which Jeep is better and which ones suck is silly to me. What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for someone else. I could mod a VW bus to do the same stuff my LJ or your JK/WJ/ZJ/whatever J you own. It's just preference. That's my opinion though.

good input, I certainly feel that certain things Jeep does from the factory is kind of absurd, but thats why it is FACTORY. It can be changed. I love all Jeeps and no matter if you buy a compass or a vintage willys I commend the owner for at least owning a jeep... And I agree, throw an old VW bug on an s10 frame and you have a 4x4 bug with v8 option that could potentially drive circles around a jeep offroad.. I love my XJ because it has been in my life since I was 8 years old. :bike_rider:

and Bubblegoose1,
40's are a bit big for my personal preference, but even still, your rig looks sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12