DSC01323.JPG

TourDeMaroc_092.JPG

TourDeMaroc_298.JPG

TourDeMaroc_299.JPG

it's not in an good shape butt take a look on my site :sombrero:

http://www.lr-discovery.nl

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Made a bike rack for my truck a few weeks ago. While my truck has tons of room there is really not a practical place to put my mountain bike when I go ride. I solved the problem by utilizing the front end bumper jack points. I welded up a frame that slides into the jack points and then mounted a Yakima bike rack to the welded frame. It takes about 30 seconds to install and less to take off. The bike handlebars are slightly higher than the hood mounted spare so visibility is not an issue. It has worked great so far.

Attachments

• bike rack 002.jpg
    bike rack 002.jpg
    981 KB · Views: 251
  • bike rack 003.jpg
    bike rack 003.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 217

michaels

Explorer
Made a bike rack for my truck a few weeks ago. While my truck has tons of room there is really not a practical place to put my mountain bike when I go ride. I solved the problem by utilizing the front end bumper jack points. I welded up a frame that slides into the jack points and then mounted a Yakima bike rack to the welded frame. It takes about 30 seconds to install and less to take off. The bike handlebars are slightly higher than the hood mounted spare so visibility is not an issue. It has worked great so far.

nice bike!

benlittle

Adventurer
Thanks, I think, it has actually given me a lot of headaches but Ithink I have all the bugs worked out now. It's not a great bike but it is a good jack of all trades bike.

Looks like you've got some flats on it... What kind of riding do you do?

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Looks like you've got some flats on it... What kind of riding do you do?

Flats, as in street tires? They are a fairly aggressive off road tire, I only ride single track and old fire roads. The are the tire that came with the bike. Or do you mean flat tires, if so it may look that way because the tire sits in a channel.

benlittle

Adventurer
Oh sorry, I was talking about the pedals... I thought you had flats/ downhill pedals on it.

Very nice, I ride a bit myself ;)

michaels

Explorer
Thanks, I think, it has actually given me a lot of headaches but Ithink I have all the bugs worked out now. It's not a great bike but it is a good jack of all trades bike.

okay well nice LOOKING bike! i'm a cannondale super v fan myself. it's an older design, but it's all my and my dad ride. we build them from the ground up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan