Post pictures of your Land Rover.

flipstah

Leaks.
Just got him this weekend and planning to do enough fixing to get him to do trails and whatnot,

1077711_10151738537724820_1596763040_o.jpg

Racer-X

Observer
That's some hectic patina on the door

odd tail light lenses.
the spare wheel holder on the rear door will break the hinges eventually
freewheel hubs are good option
looks like there is an air intake on the front fender, possibly for a heater fan?

MountainD

Adventurer
My Rover, Max.

New to ExPo--what a great site. Interested in building my own trailer, so I have been here more and more. It will compliment my D90 which I built from a frame up, including all the mods along the way. The trailer build should be fun! It has to haul my wife and 3 dogs---hence the trailer. It has a full length drawer under the rear bed that pulls out on 400lb slides. Huge battery, on board air (via a Sanden), lifted, locked, custom bumpers, sliders, tire carrier, two fold down built in tables, Ready Welder, 4.6l engine (slightly modified :))...

Attachments

• D901.jpg
    D901.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 46
  • D902.jpg
    D902.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 44
  • D903.jpg
    D903.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 53
  • D904.jpg
    D904.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 35

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Just got him this weekend and planning to do enough fixing to get him to do trails and whatnot,

Sweet. 300tdi conversion? Between my brother and nephews, I now have family members with 3 Land Rovers (90/110s) in Alberta. There sure are a lot more of them there than here in Ontario.

flipstah

Leaks.
That's some hectic patina on the door

odd tail light lenses.
the spare wheel holder on the rear door will break the hinges eventually
freewheel hubs are good option
looks like there is an air intake on the front fender, possibly for a heater fan?

The 'weathered' look is definitely prominent but the insides are decent for the age.

It's the North American version so all the lights are bigger and there's more of them.

The spare wheel in the back isn't used so not sure if I should take it off or not if it'll destroy the hinges...

That is the heater fan and not sure about the hubs... I do like the old-school manual lock approach.

Sweet. 300tdi conversion? Between my brother and nephews, I now have family members with 3 Land Rovers (90/110s) in Alberta. There sure are a lot more of them there than here in Ontario.

Thanks! Not sure if I should convert or not as I'm pretty happy with the petrol engine. I'm just focused on getting him running smooth then convert later.

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Thanks! Not sure if I should convert or not as I'm pretty happy with the petrol engine. I'm just focused on getting him running smooth then convert later.

I saw the heater intake and wondered if it was for a 300tdi. If you end up happy with the petrol engine then there's no reason to switch. There are always places to spend money when it comes to a Land Rover...

tacr2man

Adventurer
The 'weathered' look is definitely prominent but the insides are decent for the age.

It's the North American version so all the lights are bigger and there's more of them.

The spare wheel in the back isn't used so not sure if I should take it off or not if it'll destroy the hinges...

That is the heater fan and not sure about the hubs... I do like the old-school manual lock approach.

The NADA Land rovers were a bit different in the carby area , (emissions) , also those side running lights and reflectors , not used anywhere else in world. The freewheel hubs can be prettywell ignored in warmer climes as they only make a noticeable difference when the diff , and hub oil is real cold . If you run with them unlocked you should lock them up about once a week depending on mileage to keep the railko bush lubed up. Re the rear door wheel carrier , they later fitted an extra hinge (3 in total) about halfway up . The door, and hinges handle it OK for years at a time, even on rough roads . You can get little o/haul kits for the hinges of a brass ball and screw and nut with spring and locker inclued pretty cheap. Make sure that the slide support by the latch mechanism is set up right to support the door on that side. Your vehicle may have had a tailgate and hatch lid originally as it has the pegs visible on the tub. Quite a few of the nada export vehicles were also shipped with 15" rims . A really good conversion for the 2.25 petrol is to change the carb to a SU 2" , as they give better gas mileage as they are a variable venturi and jet type , but that might be a bit difficult to achieve in view of where you live. HTSH

ps the FWH have to be locked before you select 4WD in the cab either with the red or yellow knob , as incorrect operation could result in damage

flipstah

Leaks.
The NADA Land rovers were a bit different in the carby area , (emissions) , also those side running lights and reflectors , not used anywhere else in world. The freewheel hubs can be prettywell ignored in warmer climes as they only make a noticeable difference when the diff , and hub oil is real cold . If you run with them unlocked you should lock them up about once a week depending on mileage to keep the railko bush lubed up. Re the rear door wheel carrier , they later fitted an extra hinge (3 in total) about halfway up . The door, and hinges handle it OK for years at a time, even on rough roads . You can get little o/haul kits for the hinges of a brass ball and screw and nut with spring and locker inclued pretty cheap. Make sure that the slide support by the latch mechanism is set up right to support the door on that side. Your vehicle may have had a tailgate and hatch lid originally as it has the pegs visible on the tub. Quite a few of the nada export vehicles were also shipped with 15" rims . A really good conversion for the 2.25 petrol is to change the carb to a SU 2" , as they give better gas mileage as they are a variable venturi and jet type , but that might be a bit difficult to achieve in view of where you live. HTSH

ps the FWH have to be locked before you select 4WD in the cab either with the red or yellow knob , as incorrect operation could result in damage

The hubs are left locked when I owned it and leaving it locked.
I'll check the door hinges to see its status
The carb has been welded into the original twin piping so changing it is going to be difficult (well, not difficult... Expensive).

bianchi

Observer
Hi just doing a little work on the landy at the weekend,here is a picture after I replaced some of the suspension

Cheers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375690095.082063.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle