Post pictures of your Land Rover.

spikemd

Explorer
Love the full length rack looks great. I got my eye on a safety devices rack but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it due to the load maximums outlined by tight owner's manual. Are the rail mounts able to hold that little weight. Are these mounts weaker than the typical gutter rails that people use to mount their racks on? What are your guy's thoughts on how much can be carried on these rack/mounting rails?

The rack is solid. It is mounted at six points to the roof and is way more secure than any gutter mounts. There are 6 aluminum feet that are bolts directly to the roof and are very sturdy. The maximum load is less than 200lbs from the owners manual, but that is for driving. If you are not moving, a roof top tent and people shouldn't be a problem. The load is distributed. I am 185lbs and have walked all over my rack without any deflection at all. I have seen some deflection on the Baja racks, but the SD racks are very solid. I use the FarmTek chicken coop flooring which is superb as a durable lightweight flooring.

krayton

New the the LR club. Picked up this LR3 and its been fun so far. Still working on a few things and hope to get some adventures under way.

lr3_zps4ae9842e.jpg

Goosey

just another pic of the defender

That looks 'interesting' Goosey - whats the back box got in it, and how does it fit/work?

gday mate
I will do a bit of a writeup when I get 5mins to myself bit mad here at the moment and iam slow at typing:)
thanks goosey

wuntenn

Adventurer

gday mate
I will do a bit of a writeup when I get 5mins to myself bit mad here at the moment and iam slow at typing:)
thanks goosey

Cheers goosey, and a guid New Year to you. Take your time, I'm not going anywhere soon! Looks like a neat truck, always curious to see what's been done and by whom.

GREENI

Adventurer
15 years ago a friend converted a 4cyl 90 into a v8 auto, which he sold 10 yrs ago. New Year's Eve it appeared on ebay and 8 hours later it appeared on my driveway.
I'm restoring it with a new bulkhead and fitting a truck cab, I've already collected some Wolf steel wheels. Here's a couple of pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger