Post up your drawer/storage system

NetDep

Adventurer
I am old and tired of crawling in the bed of my truck -- did some research and finally (yesterday) decided to remedy that!! Went with the ATC light duty truck slide and glad I did -- this thing is way cool!! Will post some pics when I get it loaded up if anyone wants to see it. I had looked at Tuffy (and those style) drawers but decided the slide because I can use it as a table when camping - can modularize my contents - and pack/unpack easily for different missions. This is one of the mods to the truck I immediately felt good about!!

Thanks for looking & Stay Safe!!

Attachments

• BedSlide1.jpg
    BedSlide1.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 248

Cooldanish

Recently completed cargo slide and cutting board/food prep surface for a 2010 JKU Sport. Heading out of town this weekend to test the new setup and the RTT bought last fall.

e3asenaq.jpg

e5upyzat.jpg

namu7u7a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Very nicely executed.. I have a couple of questions on your pull out table:
1. I assume the drawer slides are not the 9301, but smaller height? (Sorry, just read later post where it was answered; Flat mounted)
2. What material did you use for the cutting board?
3. Where did you source the cutting board material and drawer slides from?

Last edited:

NetDep

Adventurer
For those interested in a bed slide system - I think this is a nice one. Attached a couple of pics with it out in the field with some stuff on it. Very smooth and build quality seems very good. I am very happy with it -- anything that will keep me from crawling around in the bed is ok!! I am also likely to use more of the bed space since I had gotten in the (bad) habit of using stuff I could grab. I realize doors on the canopy were also and option -- but this will also be a table!!

Stay Safe and thanks for all the good ideas & motivation!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9676 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_9676 - Version 2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_9680 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_9680 - Version 2.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 209

Lumpy70

Observer
Very nicely executed.. I have a couple of questions on your pull out table:
1. I assume the drawer slides are not the 9301, but smaller height? (Sorry, just read later post where it was answered; Flat mounted)
2. What material did you use for the cutting board?
3. Where did you source the cutting board material and drawer slides from?

Same questions, all three.

Also Cooldanish mentioned "9301" slides...am I missing somewhere it says that?

What slides did you use on the JK?

Craig.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Also Cooldanish mentioned "9301" slides...am I missing somewhere it says that?

Craig.

If the slides tracks have a yellow tab they are the Accuride C9308 locking track and come in right or left configuration. The C9301 are the non-locking version of the same track.

nhurto

been lurking for a bit, gathering a lot of ideas.. finally decided to start my build, figured i'd share my progress. i'll let the pics do the talking..

@Uber: Do you know what the weight of your drawer assembly is? I'm looking to build one very similar and trying to get my arms around the weight I'll be adding.

Cooldanish

In addition to my last post (#1071 in this thread) here's a link I posted in another forum of a few close-up shots of the slides and how I mounted them to the floor/body of my JKU:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1546586&postcount=2389

In particular it provides an end-on view from the rear of how I "flat mounted" the double locking slides for the cutting board.

Also note that the sanalite plastic board is 1/2"; not 3/4" as referenced in my post.

Thanks for all the good information!
Sorry to confusion, I assumed that the slides were Accurride 9308 as they look very similar (I suppose they could be rebranded for sale at LeeValley).

Rezarf <><

Explorer
The back of a 40 is kind of a small blank slate for ideas. I've landed on pelican cases since I run most trails topless in the summer. The dust in Colorado and Utah was killing me, that Moab silt can get into everything! The pelican cases solve all of that. I was thinking of adding a drawer system but I've decided to incorporating the cases under/onto a platform instead.

Since these pictures were taken I've landed on three 1650's and two 1600's. I lay two 1650's on the floor side by side and stack the other on top with the fridge next to it, then the 1600's go on each wheel well. The 1690's are just too heavy when loaded to be practical.

My best setup yet has been:
Bottom 1650#1 are spares, tools, fluids.
Bottom 1650 #2 are filled with camping gear, tents, tarps, lantern etc.
Top #1650 camp kitchen, stove, plate etc.
Fridge cold food and beverages
1600#1 clothes personal items
1600#2 dry food goods.

I'll get a pick of the new setup. I've added some L-track as well to trap things down. I'm still thinking of welding a platform level with the top edge of the tub, similar to a truck bed cover. Time will tell.

Suggestions? Thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Poopy pictures, but one I built for a 5th gen 4Runner, two drawers, 500lb locking slides, and a clam shell box for hilfit and max trax.

drawer4.jpg
[/URL]
drawer5.jpg
[/URL]
drawer6.jpg
[/URL]

Kole

Adventurer
I'm surprised you left the factory sliding tray in place. You could gain some clearance by removing that and dropping the whole setup a few inches. Unless everything slides out to access items on the top? That would be cool

Either way nice setup. I like the clamshell idea.

java

Expedition Leader
I'm surprised you left the factory sliding tray in place. You could gain some clearance by removing that and dropping the whole setup a few inches. Unless everything slides out to access items on the top? That would be cool

Either way nice setup. I like the clamshell idea.

The tray was actually nice to sit on, and use for cooking etc. And that's what the guy i built it for wanted! But yes it could have been removed to save a few inches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater