Post up your drawer/storage system

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Since I really like this thread I will try to contribute something before going O/T again for DarthBeaver's benefit...

Check out Silverdusk's drawer build for his FJ Cruiser. It's my personal FJC favorite for two reasons; 1. It can be quickly reconfigured so using the back seat is still an option, and 2. The drawers are just deep enough to store what you need, and not deep enough that you'll be carrying around your weekend equipment everyday. He even included all his dimensions - http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...storage-solutions-12-articles.html#post700950

Completed2.jpg

Daweropen3.jpg

DrawersCompleted.jpg

DrawersCompleted2.jpg

And now for a little beaver humor...

BeaverSign.jpg

Last edited:

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Since I really like this thread I will try to contribute something before going O/T again for DarthBeaver's benefit...

DrawersCompleted2.jpg

And now for a little beaver humor...

BeaverSign.jpg
So I get bounced cause I made a bit of fun about hippy chicks skirts but beaver humuor is ok.....geeeez!:coffeedrink:

How do you starve a hippy? Put their food stamp card under the bar of soap......
:coffeedrink::coffeedrink::coffee:

beavernation

Beavers huh?

Several thousand Oregon State fans can't be wrong!!!!....lol......Beaver Believers rise up!!!......BUT our football team is still gonna be bad this year!.....:imagesCADZQMBJ:

pnwkayaker

I remember going to Corvallis to visit my sister and attending a Civil War, talk about lots of fun! I also remember the libraries in Corvallis selling the book "101 Ways to Roast a Duck" specially during that weekend! :)

tody009

heres mine in the back of my 94 zj. it was my first time building drawers and i think they turned out great. i decided against slides for the cost factor and the simplicity factor but even loaded totally full i can slide them out with a little effort.

0601111702a.jpg

0601111716.jpg

0601111856.jpg

0601111815.jpg

yosemite010.jpg

yosemite014-1.jpg

Last edited:

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
I think this might be my favorite thread on this site so far...the ideas of some people are genious! It has helped tremendously in possible solutions for storage needs

K2ZJ

Explorer
heres mine in the back of my 94 zj. it was my first time building drawers and i think they turned out great. i decided against slides for the cost factor and the simplicity factor but even loaded totally full i can slide them out with a little effort.

yosemite010-1.jpg

yosemite014-1.jpg

What size ply is that? What is underneath? Just a few pieces for lift in front or a whole sub frame type thing?

tody009

What size ply is that? What is underneath? Just a few pieces for lift in front or a whole sub frame type thing?

the drawer housing is all 3/4". its probably overkill but im ok with that. the drawers are made of 1/2" acx. the base is 2x4s around the edges and one under the divider for support. yes i used it for a spacer so i can open the drawers and also because jeep decided not to make a flat floor in the back its all wavy. i have only put some weight on top and it doesnt go anywhere. sturdy is good in my book

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78