Post your Jeep Camping Pictures!

ventura911

Adventurer
After removing the center and end legs, I had a bracket made that conforms to the two center leg sockets of the cot and connects it to the rack. I can leave the bedding in it with the tent portion collapsed and the cot portion extended, like a surfboard or ironing board, and will put a cover over it while in transit to protect it and prevent it from billowing. With the front and rear sections strapped down to the rack, it was stable on my first trip with it.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I use this..

0d28637a.jpg

to haul this...

100_5155_edited.jpg

Setup is much like this...(daughter hamming it up)

d4d91282.jpg

And am building this...

69b79452.jpg

To haul like this...

087f7f89.jpg

With a roof top tent and a lid etc. Tent trailer is for camping with the wife and kids, the RTT and the M101 CDN2 is for me, friends and my son. I cant see my wife digging that too much? Love threads like this!!
Greg

joesjk

I use this..

0d28637a.jpg

to haul this...

100_5155_edited.jpg

Setup is much like this...(daughter hamming it up)

d4d91282.jpg

And am building this...

69b79452.jpg

To haul like this...

087f7f89.jpg

With a roof top tent and a lid etc. Tent trailer is for camping with the wife and kids, the RTT and the M101 CDN2 is for me, friends and my son. I cant see my wife digging that too much? Love threads like this!!
Greg

I have the 106st Clipper that I pull once in a while behind my JK. It is a bit much for it, but if I take my time, it pulls it fine.

How do you like the Clipper? Our's is a bit different, as we do not have the opening in the rear, or the stove mount on the outside. Other than that, it looks exactly like it. We really like the storage unit in the front.

thanks for sharing!

When it's just me and the LJ I sleep in the Jeep on a sleeping platform....

Dude, how short are you?! I have an LJ, and I looked into doing this! I'm 5' 8". Am I going to fit on that thing? Wow! Certainly something to look into! I know I can do this in my Scout II (not here, still).

Attachments

• IMG_1698.JPG
    IMG_1698.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Dude, how short are you?! I have an LJ, and I looked into doing this! I'm 5' 8". Am I going to fit on that thing? Wow! Certainly something to look into! I know I can do this in my Scout II (not here, still).

Stephanie, is that you in the photo? I should have guessed you'd be a redhead :)

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner

Stephanie, I am 5'-11" and fit in the passenger side just fine. To use the sleeping platform you slide and flip the seats all the way forward. Then the sleeping extensions flip forward and are supported by hinged panels that swing out from inside the platform uprights. These support the top extensions when deployed. On the passenger side there is just slightly over 6'-2" of room, the drivers side offers around 5'-6" of sleeping length. My wife sleeps on that side when she's with me, she's 5'-5". When it's just me I enter/exit the truck from the driver's side, leaving that extension in the closed position. I can easily get reading for sleep, remove my boots and crawl into my sleeping bag from there. When it's the two of us we enter via the rear hatch using a folding stool for my wife to use. During warmer months I made mesh sleeves that slide over the doors so we can roll the windows down and not get chewed on by bugs. I/we sleep with feet towards the rear of the Jeep. There's more info on the platform in my Jeep's thread in my signature if your interested.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Stephanie, I am 5'-11" and fit in the passenger side just fine. To use the sleeping platform you slide and flip the seats all the way forward. Then the sleeping extensions flip forward and are supported by hinged panels that swing out from inside the platform uprights. These support the top extensions when deployed. On the passenger side there is just slightly over 6'-2" of room, the drivers side offers around 5'-6" of sleeping length.

I can easily see this being practical and possible in an LJ. I built a platform that was surprisingly large, and my layout allowed the seats to be ALL the way back, so that I could drive with the platform installed, and I am 6'-7" in height. Here is a picture of how much surface area you can have with an elevated platform (prior to carpet and tiedowns):

515499164_wGydF-XL.jpg

Attachments

• 515499164_wGydF-XL.jpg
    515499164_wGydF-XL.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 77

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
After removing the center and end legs, I had a bracket made that conforms to the two center leg sockets of the cot and connects it to the rack. I can leave the bedding in it with the tent portion collapsed and the cot portion extended, like a surfboard or ironing board, and will put a cover over it while in transit to protect it and prevent it from billowing. With the front and rear sections strapped down to the rack, it was stable on my first trip with it.

Thanks for the info

wjeeper

I have a few pictures of my set up deployed.......although I cant find any with the kitchen/ storage slide out in them. Here are a few from this summer. I have spent 45+ nights this year with this set up. Just seeing these pictures makes me wish I was living back out on the trails again. Hopefully this summer I can swing another month wandering. All pictures are from various sites in beautiful Utah!

Shaking out a few bugs in the front yard:
IMG_0681.JPG

Alstom Point above Lake Powell:
IMG_2077.jpg

Somewhere outside Kanab:
IMG_1964.jpg

Pahvant Butte & the Lace Curtains:
IMG_1614.jpg

The Devils Garden, northern Box Elder county:
IMG_0939.jpg

A quick dinner cooked in my slide out kitchen:
IMG_0911.jpg

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Sweet setup and pics. Thanks for sharing.

I wish I had spent more time wandering during my 3 years living in SLC. I was at the dunes constantly but that was about it.

beardus supremous

Adventurer
Just a camping trip with some friends, rained most of the weekend. Ended up putting up a tent, and the wife and i still slept in the jeep.
c182 356.JPG

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Well, now that I swapped Jeeps (XJ to a TJ) I need to figure out a new hook up before I can go camping. :snorkel:

IMG_20111206_144703.jpg

The TJ has more lift, but the reciever is lower, and the spare is there. Going to have to find a long stinger, or a really short extension!

:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78