Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

Stevemc181

Observer
From what it looks like i think the Pajero and Challenger might become the same vehicle. They put a ton of development into the Gen 3 Challenger, aside from the looks it is a serious machine and they classed it up a bunch which makes me think it's going to take the place of the full-size.

They've just released the Pajero Sport over here (Used to be the Challenger) I've had a brief look in the showroom and while I'd love to have the 8 speed auto. I think I'll be hanging onto my Gen 4 Paj for a while. They reckon they will carry the Pajero on in its current form, but I think Mitsubishi might drop it from the range in the not too distant future. Our car manufacturing over here ceases to exist in 2017, so I am hoping we get a bit more access to some of the gear you guys get. Not holding my breath though, it seems the Jap manufacturers are all heading into soft roader territory :(

Stevemc181

Observer
Stevemc181 - Can you share some details of that rack? Maybe some closer pics? Your rig looks awesome!

Hi, Glad you like it, it's an ever evolving beast as I always seem to find something else to spend money on! She has served me well thus far, I did just have an issue with worn rear wheel bearings after 85,000km (Dealer fixed it under warranty though) My heavy loads and +20 offset wheels won't be helping here. Damn hard to find an after market wheel that will clear the front calipers and still be near the native +46 offset.

The Rack is a custom made aluminium job. I had it made by a local boat builder here in Perth/Australia. I removed the factory rails and put in a set of Rhino Heavy Duty tracks. The rack feet are made of steel and just slide into the track system, then I just tighten a bolt down on each corner to hold them there. When I had the rack fabricated I also had custom mounts for my front and rear lightbars included. The rack itself weighs about 20kg and I've had over 100kg up there (Spare Wheel/Jerry can/Rhino rooftop bag etc) on some extended offroad trips with hundreds of km of severe corrugated track. No issues in the 80,000km's I've done with it so far.

The track system below. The crossbars were removed to fit the rack.

76626fc95c0125001929b9c9bd8c7a70_zpsbe5aaae5.jpg

Small rear lightbar on custom welded mounts for backing up in the bush at night.

bb70a62980210b902e2778fa0861db3a_zpsa9b64cd3.jpg

I've raised the front up about 1/2" to give the lightbar more clearance since this pic was taken. It was just a matter of re-drilling the mounting hole in the feet.

ba35435621d738ed249ccb7b21e83306_zps192da6ac.jpg

5e8a3b4dcd3952abc58be5a97ea45654_zps875d2185.jpg

I've also added some Rhino Shovel mounts and I used a Boat deck aerial mount with some bits and pieces to make it fit for my Sand flag (It's compulsory here now to have a sand flag in the Simpson desert) The mount bent after a couple of days of constant use (1100 Dunes to cross) So I just welded it up a bit, hopefully it will be strong enough now.

imagejpg2_zpse28de879.jpg

imagejpg3_zps6cd2cf44.jpg

And another gratuitous shot of my Paj :)

IMG_4526_zps11fffd7d.jpg

jlocster

Explorer
Ooo, those switchbacks on Vic's Cat Trail are freaky. I tried to go up that trail a few years ago but got cold feet and turned around. Glad you were able to make it up. Rig looks great BTW, KTM!

mcskibadee1

Adventurer
Nice! That second pic of the cement uphill is much steeper than it looks in that pic. Did you make it up ok? Do you have a locker?

Stevemc181

Observer
Nice Pajero!

I have family in Perth and it is amazing when I visit how many kitted out rigs there are just driving down the highway in Perth. A family member used to have a clean Patrol but ended up selling it from lack of use. Years ago we took an off-road trip in an Oka (spelling?) up near Exmouth. Was a neat experience, minus the bugs.
Eric

Cheers,
There are still a few Oka's around (basically a locally produced 4wd mini bus) It's a pity they don't make them anymore, and if they were a bit more reliable they would be great as a tourer/camper style set-up.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Great looking Mitsus' people! Toasty helped reminded me how much I miss mine with this picture!uploadfromtaptalk1456430449737.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle