Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

spray

Observer
My '99' Challenger (Monty Sport)

stock for now, only had it 10 days

3440764481_32a1c5619a.jpg

DavidG

Adventurer
Finally finished opening up the center bore on a set of FJC wheels. Here they are with 255/75-17 BFG Muds on my 1997 SR:

IMG_9993_small.jpg

DavidG

Adventurer
The GenIII continues to impress me. Initially I was skeptical about the full independent suspension, but they seem to do quite well offroad. Have fun!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Those last pics were as far as I made it, I had to turn around. Not due to the suspension so much as to the fact that I could have used about 2" more of lift and there is no form of protection under the truck. I didn't want to rupture my oil pan, trans pan or fuel tank. If I had skids, sliders, and a little more clearance it would have made it no problem. The independent suspension is nice on washboard roads as it really smooths out the bumps. The down side to the fully independent suspension is that on the tougher more technical areas, the body really rocks as opposed to a solid axle rig. I do like the fact that the suspension is set up on its own sub frame. When I get into a cross axle situation or the suspension is flexing, that is the only part that seems to be flexing, I have not encountered any twist in the unibody.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader

Man, I haven't been jealous of another Montero until now. That is really one well set up truck...and it keeps getting better and better. This one really makes me miss my older Montero, except this one has the better engine and a few other nice features that come with the gen 2.5.

Roger, I can't wait to see it again in person. Keep up the nice work!

RttH

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered front and rear ARB lockers and also the gearmaster 3.15 transfer case. I added the tent and BFG KM2's 33x10.5 15 since you last saw it. Since I no longer have a roof rack I am having to be creative with storage for the interior. I removed 3rd row seats and seat behind driver. Utilizing the bolt holes that once held the seat I mounted the highlift jack using longer bolts. I am going to use the black/grey rubbermaid totes individually labeled as my storage instead of shelving. I need to be able to haul mtn. bikes or groceries, misc.stuff. I picked up a military spec cargo net from www.raingler.com to secure my cargo. I am contemplating a roof rack under the Maggiolina long enough to haul a few extra, light items and a rear spot for backing up. I am so close to getting the major projects done!

I learned a lot from the Expo and this website. I have also spent a lot of money! Now I just need to get out and use it!
Thanks for your compliments and input.
Roger

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan