Post Your Montero SPORT Pics!

greg409

thanx, I'm fairly wound up, I'm going to try to keep it stock (possibly buy tires from hell as spares)

luck,greg

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
DSC_1723-XL (1).jpg DSC_0823 (1).jpg
offroad-Dec2013-017_zpsd7733b71.jpg offroad-Dec2013-021_zps3283c03e.jpg DSC_1724-XL.jpg

DSC_1727-XL.jpg DSC_1729-XL.jpg
Just a a couple pictures of me trying to get up this hill. I'm all open and after putting on the 2" Old Man Emu Lift I have lost all of the little flex I had to start with, Lockers would be wonderful(even LSD would be great). Sorry for the different sizes, they were shot by a couple different people.

Last edited:

Mudrunner

Adventurer
View attachment 205879View attachment 205878View attachment 205883View attachment 205880View attachment 205881View attachment 205882
Just a a couple pictures of me trying to get up this hill. I'm all open and after putting on the 2" Old Man Emu Lift I have lost all of the little flex I had to start with, Lockers would be wonderful(even LSD would be great). Sorry for the different sizes, they were shot by a couple different people. :)

Still not working, you might need to put a space between the attachments. I don't know for sure though.

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
View attachment 206429 View attachment 206430
View attachment 206431 View attachment 206432 View attachment 206433

View attachment 206434 View attachment 206435
Just a a couple pictures of me trying to get up this hill. I'm all open and after putting on the 2" Old Man Emu Lift I have lost all of the little flex I had to start with, Lockers would be wonderful(even LSD would be great). Sorry for the different sizes, they were shot by a couple different people. :)

Worky?

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Yup! Nice pics! Interesting note about the flex.....I am considering the ironman lift with replacement torsions instead of cranking my stock ones. Wonder if it would help retain flex.

yzfgsx

Observer
That was probably me, I pass through there five times a week going to Philadelphia. Do you know of any good off-road spots near there?

Christophera

My Challenger

Here's a pic of my 2005 Mitsubishi Challenger V6 Auto .. work in progress. Alloy bar, HID driving lights, Cargo Barrier, Canvas seat covers, fire ext., 1st aid kit, 12v-240v inverter, roof racks and basket, rooftop side awning, tail light guards, 2" lift with upgraded shocks and springs, UHF radio, GPS... and more to come...

1009168_4658002262567_297430367_o.jpg

greg409

Hi all, new here, but old timer.

I was looking for either a j20 jeep or another Land Rover when I stumbled onto this:

View attachment 203868

my new 2002 MS ltd loaded, 170k mi, one owner, garage kept, dealer maintained

luck,greg

That was last month - it snowed here, wife begged to take it to work

She was going to do me a favor and wash it, as anticipated did not turn off the radio (I've ordered a new mast) so I told her to keep it!!

Then I got this

1999 MS LS
WP_20140216_001.jpg

P.S. I can stop any time I want

Last edited:

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Yup! Nice pics! Interesting note about the flex.....I am considering the ironman lift with replacement torsions instead of cranking my stock ones. Wonder if it would help retain flex.

I have the Ironman kit on my SR. It flexes OK, but I also have no sway bars, low profile bumpstops on the up travel, and no bump stops on the down travel. Soon I'll be modifying the striker on the frame where the down travel bump stop makes contact, moving it lower to allow for another 1/2 to 1" of down travel, then I'll reinstall the rubber bump stop.

Jordan...

What did you air down to?

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
I usually air down to about 15 psi. Reason, because I don't own an air compressor and we were driving from off road to on road then back off road a lot. I would like to find some Quick-disconnects for the sway bars, I'm pretty sure that new lift is fighting against my sway bars a 'lil.

Last edited:

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I usually air down to about 15 psi. Reason, because I don't own an air compressor and we were driving from off road to on road then back off road a lot. I would like to find some Quick-disconnects for the sway bars, I'm pretty sure that new lift is fighting against my sway a 'lil.

That's plenty low! :) I love the MV50 compressor I have...small, light, fast, portable, and cheap. Like $60 on Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998