Post your "passed out"

5Runner

Adventurer
So the "outdoor kid photo thread" is great and all...but it only shows the first part of an outdoor kid's day. This thread is just meant to be a fun spin-off of that thread.

I am sure you parents know, as I do, how much hard work camping with kids can be for us. But what about the kiddos? Running through woods, climbing rocks, crossing creeks and throwing rocks can really wear them out. It's a tough life... :)

Here's my 3 year old after a mid-day hike. We noticed he got really still and quiet while sitting in his chair. He had a towel because he got a little splash crossing the creek on the way back from the hike. Towel = blanket! Momma squeezed her pillow in under his head after we found him...PASSED OUT!

d581b1d3.jpg

Three weeks ago on a camping trip, we took the kids and dog on a 6 to 7 mile round trip hike. Our friends were also with us with their older dog. Well, the dogs had fun, but when we got back to camp it was time to...PASS OUT!

e51397fd.jpg

This one is from last year. My 5 and 7 year-olds and the pooch totally passed out by the campfire. Notice my daughter still has her headlamp on! NO comments about the blanket near the fire. I know what an ember can do, but it's not like me and the wife weren't sitting there right next to them.

passedout.jpg

Your turn guys/gals...post your PASSED OUT! :coffee:

gabepari

Explorer
Oh man, I have literally hundreds of photos of my kids passed out on adventures. Here is one of my boy, he fell asleep and stayed asleep for a 45+ minute ride in our crappy little sand rail out at Dumont.

crashed.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I also have lots of pictures of my kids being zoonked out. They are excellent sleepers in any moving vehicle!

811647205_u9UVB-L.jpg

498538266_mezLi-L.jpg

169531844_Gvusx-L-1.jpg

Fading...
936482038_hNq45-L.jpg

Gone
936482739_bTfPj-L.jpg

Black09JK

My daughter, Lily, after an afternoon of hiking. She worked real hard in her backpack carrier.;) She was 7 months old at the time.
084.jpg

083.jpg

gotmud

Observer
Here's one of my son in the back of our 80 after running Pyeatt Draw. Of course, all four of my kids can fall asleep in no time once they get in the car.

DSCF0431.jpg

Riptide

Explorer
My daughter after her first big hike in Acadia a few weeks ago. We were bouncing around on a rough road in the Samurai back to our campsite, and her head was whipping all over the place, making me sick to my stomach...

Man, if there's one thing I hate about all car seat designer, it's that they do not address this issue, on how to immobilize a kid's head when they fall asleep. ARE YOU LISTENING??

You can see the cage I installed this spring specifically to provide for my kid to ride back there...

Attachments

• DSC_2815email.jpg
    DSC_2815email.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 84

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears