post your Suburban pics

mohannadAs

Here is mine
V2500 stock 350 / 4l80e
u6u8esut.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

bowstryder

Observer
MohannadA, Good looking tank! I have to ask...... how bad is that thing during the summer in black?? I have been to kuwait in the summer (military) and it's a HOT that cannot be imagined unless experienced!

mohannadAs

MohannadA, Good looking tank! I have to ask...... how bad is that thing during the summer in black?? I have been to kuwait in the summer (military) and it's a HOT that cannot be imagined unless experienced!

Thx. To honest am only using the burb in the winter time. With the rear AC you may survive

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

WPFD1215

1985 K10

I had the 69 Bronco Sport, but our family outgrew it, so it's been replaced with the Burb. It's an 85 K10, pretty run-o-the-mill compared to the awesome beasts you guys have! I bought it from our county Rescue Squad: three bench seats and 99K miles. I've had it close to a year: big ideas- little funds! Looking forward to doing things to it over time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 105

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I had the 69 Bronco Sport, but our family outgrew it, so it's been replaced with the Burb. It's an 85 K10, pretty run-o-the-mill compared to the awesome beasts you guys have! I bought it from our county Rescue Squad: three bench seats and 99K miles. I've had it close to a year: big ideas- little funds! Looking forward to doing things to it over time.

Nice Burb! Looks very clean. Any pictures of that tan '67-'72 next to it?

WPFD1215

Nice Burb! Looks very clean. Any pictures of that tan '67-'72 next to it?

Thanks Larry. I don't have pics, but I'll get some next time I'm in the squad building. If I'm not mistaken, that truck has less than 30K on it! The lighting is playing funnies with the color- it's actually white. It's the "pride of the squad", at least the squad captain anyway.

WPFD1215

that's an insanely clean looking burb!!

One of the older squad members told me it had been with them for 22 years before I got it. It's been kept inside and maintained regularly, because of the nature of its use. They used it mostly to pull their boats and bring supplies for rehab at structure fires throughout the county (I first saw it when we were fighting a structure fire). I'm fortunate to have a place to keep it inside, too, plus I have a case of OCD that won't surrender. We've taken one camping trip, several state park trips, and hauled our Christmas tree with it this year. I love everything about it- except the mpg's!

sourdough

Adventurer
1968 Delivery 4x4 deluxe

This post got me reminiscing about my old Sub. I built it in the early 80's, GM never made them this way back then. Started with a retired commercial 6 cyl, 3 spd., 2wd, barn door delivery. Swapped in every H.D. 4x4 1 ton chassis part and deluxe suburban interior option I could find. It was stout and comfortable. It was a fun hunting and fishing RV and it took me into many remote places in the West. Sold it in '89.
Sub.jpg

400 V8, 400 auto., 4.56 gears with L.S. and locker, 40 gal. gas tank, all power options, even dual A.C.

Last edited:

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
This post got me reminiscing about my old Sub. I built it in the early 80's, GM never made them this way back then. Started with a retired commercial 6 cyl, 3 spd., 2wd, barn door delivery. Swapped in every H.D. 4x4 1 ton chassis part and deluxe suburban interior option I could find. It was stout and comfortable. It was a fun hunting and fishing RV and it took me into many remote places in the West. Sold it in '89.
Sub.jpg

400 V8, 400 auto., 4.56 gears with L.S. and locker, 40 gal. gas tank, all power options, even dual A.C.
Wow.. Great work. That thing looks and sounds great! Sad to hear you sold it off. Very nice nonetheless.

gotme1

Observer
Here is my (mostly stock other than grill guard) 99 k1500. This is a very, very slow build! Plans are 3" body lift, go through suspension, off road lights and some "jerry cans" to keep me going!!

IMG_0937.JPG

Could not wait on mods, so we went camping last yr at Silver Lake Dunes in MI
IMG_1515.jpgIMG_1516.jpg

Had to take burban into Dunes!!
IMG_1578.jpg

only mod so far :coffee:
IMG_1998.jpg

DrkSide

Figure I will add my pics. Finally really got it out and did some trails. Got some good pinstripes from the narrow trails but the only casualty was the radio antenna due to a rouge limb.

DSC_00102_zps6d9de358.jpg

DSC_00362_Fotor_zps7c1fc636.jpg

outlaw525

Photos of my Suburban

All these great examples of Expedition Suburbans have inspired me to post some of mine. My father always had trail ready suburbans and blazers since I was in pull ups. Mine is a 2002 2500 8.1. Superlift braket lift, Eaton tru trac, Fox reservoirs, compressor, winch, duals batteries, custom skids, HD hood, reinforcements and lots more expedition necessary items. Here are a few pics I had on my phone.

20130530_082841.jpg

20130810_080518.jpg

20130809_091549.jpg

Attachments

• 20130530_082828.jpg
    20130530_082828.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 134

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12