post your Suburban pics

michaelse

Its OK. It goes quicker from 20-60 than 0-15mph. I ran mine (285/75/20 tires, CAI, exhaust) down the 1/4 miles. 17.xx at 88mph. The stock tuning makes for HORRID torque management before 10mph. Once past 10mph, torque management starts to loosen up. I'll get a Diablo Sport tuner if I don't sell my sub to get rid of the management.

Thanks. Is it possible to get rid of torque management with a tuner? About how much is a tuner?

oldestof11

Observer
Tuner is around $389. Almost all of TQM is gone. Something about keeping a little to save on trans hard parts. It helps to not break anything when it shifts into the next gear.

cttandy

Observer
Here is my 88 ¾ Ton 4x4. Unfortunately I don't have time to build it up the way I want right now and the wife has spoken so now I have to get rid of it.

Spec's, location, and price. The storm got mine last week, waiting for the final answer from the insurance company. Might be in the market for an older burb.

Here's mine. Nothing special -- a 98, 5.7, barn doors, 160,000+ miles, tow package, etc. I did the typical intake gasket repair, a ujoint here or there. Otherwise it's a great rig. It tows my YJ around for wheeling, and I sleep in it on Jeep trips or for just camping, it carries my kayak and canoe, I've had it stacked with cord wood.... A great all-around truck. I bought it at about 120K. Came with the original window sticker, all maint records, etc. IIRC window sticker price was over $30K. :Wow1: Nothing like a $30K truck for 1/6th the price. :)

Here are some shots from Maine to Cape Cod.

Love 'Burbans.
Pete

Attachments

• burb maine1.jpg
    burb maine1.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 91
  • burb yak.jpg
    burb yak.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 89
  • burb beach1.jpg
    burb beach1.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 86

eglidenblack

my 88 3/4 ton burban

1988 v2500 suburban, th400, stock tbi 350, 4inch lift, 34 10.50 16 super swamper ltbs, 373s. a work in progress.

Attachments

• BURBAN.jpg
    BURBAN.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 103
  • SUBURBAN 1.jpg
    SUBURBAN 1.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 90

eglidenblack

yea I like the old burban, took it wheeling last weekend, it done pretty well, and only put one dent in it. its never ending on adding things, or stuff I wanna add, just run out of cash lol, the next trip ill take some pics.

WrenchMonkey

Mechanical Animal
I had a question about the 8.1 for you (or anyone else who drives an 8.1 4x4)... Can you say whether it's fun to drive?

Mine is a blast, right off the line. I know my 410s were an option, so maybe that's some of why I like mine better than "oldest" likes his?

Robert

MonsterHumanHauler

MonsterHumanHauler
Here are a few pics of my tow rig playing in the mud lol

urugy4e2.jpg
bazupu5y.jpg
ahapuru2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member