post your Suburban pics

Renntag

Adventurer
Dads 65' GMC suburban .... Got over 400k miles on her 80k since the motor was rebuilt. 3 speed manual. 305cu big block v6.
Awesome pics and great history !! So cool that the 65 is still in the family and has had so many miles.
Also surprised about the big V6. I was not aware of that motor.

And here is the first suburban in the family a 1955 gmc came with a pontiac v8. Gramps drove her till he bought the 65. So As you can see Suburbans run Deep in the family lol. Love all the rigs in this thread! Hope you guys like these.
I really like these. The 86 is nice and the 55 and 65 are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Cyph86

Awesome pics and great history !! So cool that the 65 is still in the family and has had so many miles.
Also surprised about the big V6. I was not aware of that motor.

I really like these. The 86 is nice and the 55 and 65 are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

At the time GMC had several Big Block V6's there also was a 351 Big block v6 and if you stepped up to medium duty a 401 v6 and a 478!

The 305e v6 ran a lot like a diesel, by that i mean making peak torque 260ftlb( 250 at the wheels) at 1600 rpms and 142hp at 4200 rpm's (red line)

With the 3 speed tranny the old girl aint fast by any means but she can yank a house off of the foundation. She can cruise at 55-60ish at about 3000 rpm. She can get up to that speed surprisingly quick tho lol. The Bus has twin glass packs for that classic sound and 3 bench seats to haul everyone you could want around.

Renntag

Adventurer
So cool.

I had no idea of these motors. Shows how weak my light truck history knowledge is. LOL. Incentive to learn a little more.
Now, when I go to a car show and see the old trucks, I'll be looking for the Big V6. :bike_rider:

UMC

87 Burb.

Had this about 4 years and work on it when I can afford to. It was severely molested by the PO, had the snot beat out of it and I've replaced or repaired quite a bit of stuff. Was not running or holding park and had a bunch of wiring damage when I picked it up. In the middle of body work and getting closer to the paint stage. Hope to get it out late this summer for testing.

Locked front & rear, 6" lift, CV rear shaft, upgraded axles.

Attachments

• IMG_2219.jpg
    IMG_2219.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 76

UMC

Have you decided on paint brand and method - base/clear or single stage?

I'm still debating.

Renntag

Adventurer
Brand, no.
Two stage is always better but clear is so expensive.
I am leaning toward a single stage since the paint should be good for 10+ years minimum with reasonable care.

Renntag

Adventurer
Or allow me to amend that...the single stage paint should be superioe to what was on it originally, and should last longer as well, especially given reasonable care is taken.

johnson4x4

Observer
New Suburban

Just picked up this 1991 Suburban V1500 last week for our new family camper/ weekend warrior project. It appears to be a "trail Wagon" conversion by Chinook. Anyone have any more info on this model? It has 4 captain chairs up front, strip lighting down the headliner, and a switch panel up front that includes a TV switch. Still haven't found where the TV is hiding.
10421605_10152529063209703_596233766156364449_n.jpg

Renntag

Adventurer
I think they put TVs in the back of the center console?
Other option is to follow the wiring. More work, but would certainly tell the story.
Nice looking burb !

johnson4x4

Observer
I think they put TVs in the back of the center console?
Other option is to follow the wiring. More work, but would certainly tell the story.
Nice looking burb !

Haha, Thanks Renntag. I'm sure that if there ever was a TV, that it has been long removed. But following the wires is good idea. Maybe I can put a new one in for my daughter sometime.

UMC

Just picked up this 1991 Suburban V1500 last week for our new family camper/ weekend warrior project. It appears to be a "trail Wagon" conversion by Chinook. Anyone have any more info on this model? It has 4 captain chairs up front, strip lighting down the headliner, and a switch panel up front that includes a TV switch. Still haven't found where the TV is hiding.

That is a nice Burb, good score!

Renntag

Adventurer
Lcds are so cheap today, adding video to a vehicle is easy.

nice looking burb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179

Members online