Post your tents

ExpoScout

Explorer
No worries. I'm stoked on the new tent.

The Assault is my Winter tent. I use it for My Wife, our two small kids and I. The Taron is a much better Summer tent and probably a bit smaller.

BTW, In case Eureka is listening. If you guy replace some of the pole tubing with clips, I'll buy another updated version.

I looked at both and due to me being 6'4" I picked the taron based off size. You are probably right about the assault being better in the winter, although they are both three season tents. Here are the provided size pics....the top is the taron 4 and the bottom is the assault 4. Pretty identical other than the taron being taller and the sleeping orientation.

mrzq0k.jpg

I have used an assault series tent before and it was fantastic. I'm really executed about getting to use ours for the first time soon.

Woods

Explorer
That's interesting. I missed these, when I was on the Eureka site the other day. It's on page 2 of the tent page and is not listed under the Taron Series on page one. The Taron 6 is similar to my Kelty Buttress 6. Those are great Summer tents for sure. My Buttress could use a little more ventilation and the Taron's have it.

Tell ya one thing I really like about the Taron over the Assault, is that it's a 2 pole design.

I looked at both and due to me being 6'4" I picked the taron based off size. You are probably right about the assault being better in the winter, although they are both three season tents. Here are the provided size pics....the top is the taron 4 and the bottom is the assault 4. Pretty identical other than the taron being taller and the sleeping orientation.

mrzq0k.jpg

I have used an assault series tent before and it was fantastic. I'm really executed about getting to use ours for the first time soon.

lt1fire

Adventurer
I have the Oz tent RV5 with the deluxe front and side panels.

Went exploring the back roads of NC last weekend and finaly put it to a 4 day use.

It did leak a bit, but I think this is due to some pinholes in the Canvase roof. I got this off a friend that moved and the last time he used it he set it up to air out and for got to take it down. The wind took it for a ride and smashed it against his fence. When I got it I had to replace 2 joints on the frame so I'm guessing that is where the holes may have come from because he used it for a week in heavy rain and it never leaked on him.

Oz tent has a rain fly for the tent that i'll be buying soon enough.

A pic of the tent and part of the road getting to the camp ground.

10600398_10152383216907875_304147833859571963_n.jpg

f93de273-0847-4ea5-aa9c-e59c8b6826a1.gif

rob_man

Going light:
IMG_3822.JPG

Before the RTT:
IMG_9103.JPG

First trip with the RTT:
DSC_0090.JPG

Holding strong off road:
DSC_0129.JPG

Reached the summit :) :
DSC_0132.JPG

Chilling at the beach:
DSC_0673.JPG

Full setup:
Equip_DSC_0326.JPG

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Snowman 087.jpgMy new belief is if tenting from the Jeep, I'm gonna have a big stand-up tent so I can have a padded cot, chair, and table in it with room to spare. I bought this Ozark Trails 6 man for our 7 day Ghosttown/Mine Jeep trip. It sets up in 30 sec as it has integrated poles. I have no regrets as it worked perfectly. Next a heater for those sub 50 degree nights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle