Post your tents

spikemd

Explorer
Moab - White Rim Trail and Elephant Hill

Murphy Hogback campground halfway through the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands, UT. Incredible views. Third pic is Devils Kitchen campground past Elephant Hill.

2015_moab23.jpg

2015_moab31.jpg

2015_moab75.jpg

smlobx

Wanderer
image.jpeg

Our Nemo Losi. This tent has seen us through some horrific storms and come out smiling.
It's a 3 person backpacking tent that gives us enough room for what we want to keep in the tent.

fearlessflasher

This is how we do it in scotland!

4e58f14df2d0629836b8bd98aac58c8a.jpg
1450cf2e003d9e32878120c2bbc53a36.jpg
21324457d263c5cd27016b44b5a77df9.jpg
061bbc3be4c49d62315e9cc9ce8be121.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lugueto

Adventurer

My third tent. Basically a Venezuelan branded, Chinese version of an ARB Simpson 2 (or Ironman, or TJM, or any other chinese made tent)

Being chinese doesn't really take away from the quality, which I'm pretty happy with. I've only had venezuelan made tents and the build quality usually leaves much to be desired. Although I must say this tent is considerably heavier than its predecessors, and is also taller when stowed and slower to set up, I am happy with it, its build quality and the comfort it provides.

If this tent impressed me, I can't imagine how I would feel with a no-holds-barred, big name brand, truly high quality RTT.

(BTW In the background someone is stowing an Anaconda tent, which if you haven't heard of, is Venezuela's quintessential rooftop tent. The exception to the low-quality rule mentioned previously and IMO one of the best tents in the world.)

Last edited:

Hunter67

Observer
This is my "new" RTT. The brand is "Beduin", model "Explorer 130". Explorer means it has an integrated awning which also includes the ladder.
The tent is built in Greece and sold by Beduin located in Bavaria, Germany.

20150915_080549a-1024x576.jpg

P1090274a-1024x768.jpg

Markus

Redman333

Adventurer
Alright it's come time to find me a good ground tent. I'm located in NC and only have to endure the cold down to 30ish degrees F so what's a good tent that can be used for cold weather to keep some heat in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky j

Explorer
Anything that doesn not have to much ventilation and not to large would help. But they are tents. They are not known to old heat. The only thing that could maybe help a little is the heavy canvas tent (prospector type) but heavy, real heavy and ussually preferd for base camp.

The real difference with cold weather tent is their construction and ability to support snow and high wind. And something you can cloes tye ventilation. A good sleeping bag is your best alie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle