Post your tents

doubleroses

Adventurer
Tepui Gran Sabana Ruggedized on my 2000 Land Cruiser. 1 of 10 made :)
2c53326f0d772884bcdb9766886eb710.jpg

Captain K-man

Adventurer
^^ Earler today I was day dreaming about a setup just like this but, yours is better. My day dream didn't have a camo tent.

Accrete

Explorer
While we do not own a tent _yet_ ... I did enjoy reading through the ~97 pages and seeing all the variety in the camp set ups.

For any hammock luvers out there I share this hammock silliness : )

I created a hammock stand that will support one, two, three, or four hammocks. It was made on the cheap out of 3/4" EMT and eye bolts all from HD. (for any MacGivers out there, here is the _link_ to the DIY thread).

I created the stand as many of the places we camp in the PNW have to many "widow makers" in the trees for my liking. So we put up the hammocks on stand (usually each has it's own stand but close together) under the stars/clearing. It packs up really quick and goes under the bed/storage area in our van conversion (and yes we have a perfectly good bed in the van...but sometimes ya just want to sleep under the stars.)

Here it is in our yard as a test hang before setting off on an outing with our two adult kids that were visiting.
Pictured are our two Amok v3.0 and my wife's Hennessy Expedition and my Warbonnet Blackbird.

FourOnStands-s.jpg

and during an adventure with just the two amoks in use showing one under the tarp we had up for shade during the day, as we use them for camp lounge recliners quite often.

AMOK-04s.jpg

but we are always on the lookout for that perfect natural hang!

201506SSFCGs6smHang.jpg

: ) Thom

OwyheeMagpie

Adventurer and Explorer
Your set up is nuts! Very creative! I own a Tepui but I also hammock camp when I'm hiking. I don't have any pictures but I run a Warbonnet superfly and a Dream Hammock Hybrid, it's not on their web site but I was one of the lucky handful to custom order one of the few Hybirds produced.

PCO6

Adventurer
I'm running a Titan Winch roof top tent. He was farily popular for his winches, but seems to of dropped out of that market as well. It was a good price too at the time, and had treated me well. I had bought my Xterra in spring, and picked up the tent near the end of the summer that same year. It's holding up well and in great shape for being over 7 years old. I did have to replace the cover 2 years ago since it was getting brittle and was tearing. I got one made at a local shop.

FjFo5lV.jpg
Nd4SpdSe - I see that you were at Mosport on the outside heading into corner 2. I took the shot below in September when I camped on the inside of corner 2. I usually go a few times a year. I'll look for you next time!

picture.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12