Power Folding Dual Antenna

H0LLYW00D

Observer
I am wanting to upgrade the antenna mounts on my truck from manual folding to power folding. I am thinking of purchasing 2 Diamon K9000TM, and mount a Comet UHV-4 on one and a Hi-wayman 4ft CB antenna on the other. Will this setup work they want I want it too, i know I will need a an adapter for the CB to make it compatible with the NMO mount of the folder.

gary in ohio

Explorer
Not sure if the mounts will support the big antennas you want to use use. Both antenna is already several inches larger than the mount is rated for. The UHV-4 is also a floppy antenna at speed. Again the mount may have issues. What I have seen people do is use the motor to power a secondary lever that raises and lowers an antenna on another mount. Something on a pivot across a roof rack. THis way the mount is not taking the whipping abuse. I have used an old rotor to do a similar thing with some larger HF antennas.

H0LLYW00D

Observer
After reading your post, you might be right not only are the antennas going to be too long they also are overweight even before wind buffeting. I did however find another motorized mount made by Comet called the MK-30H, anyone ever used this mount? I will be attaching the mounting solution to a metal base plate that will be built in an "L" shape to attach to the front of my bedrail mounts on my Tacoma. there are pictures of the mounts in my build thread.

gary in ohio

Explorer
The Maldol, Comet and Diamond all have very similar products, in some cases the same. I doubt the other versions will support the larger weights. Again, you might be able to use the antenna mounts to push an arm that raises and lower the actual mount. I have seen this done but cant find the web site with a quick look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears