Power Wagon

Captjeep

Observer
Well I went to dodge last week to look at their diesels. Somehow I ended up with a power wagon. I got one of those deals that I couldn't pass up. I've got 300 miles on the truck so far and I'm really loving it. I'm not sure what mods will be forthcoming since I'm still in the middle of restomods on my J20 pickup. It seems to be pretty capable as it sits. Just wanted to stop by and say hello to the full size people. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346102627.902375.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346102642.860895.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346102656.211420.jpg

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Thats cool. I haven't seen a PW Laramie yet. I like the monotone setup with the color matched flares. Congrats on the new truck.

Captjeep

Observer
Thank you guys. About 4 yrs ago I bought a lifted 1990 Grand Wagoneer. The seller described it as being like "John Wayne in a Tux". I thought that was about the coolest description of a vehicle anyone could give. That's how I feel about this truck.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Congrats! The Ram Power Wagon is the only new truck worth buying these days. You did good by not buying a diesel truck. New diesels are not worth owning unless you are towing the majority of the time.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Congrats on the awesome truck. Glad u went with the Power Wagon instead of the diesel because like Larry said unless ur constantly towing really heavy i dont see the point of the maint. cost of the new diesels. Even though they are awesome too lol just more expensive.

crismateski

American Adventurist
Welcome to the Power Wagon Club, join us at forum.powerwagonregistry.org/ it is a great group that is always willing to share PW specific knowledge. They help me all the time

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Congrats! The Ram Power Wagon is the only new truck worth buying these days. New diesels are not worth owning unless you are towing the majority of the time.

Anyone have real world mileage figures from PW and 6.7 Cummins? I would love a PW, but I need a crew longbox for my camper...

Saiyan66

Adventurer
I have a 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 with the 6.7L, manual trans, 3.73 gears, and 32" tires. I have the emissions stuff deleted with an H&S XRT Pro tuner set on stock power. I get 17mpg in mixed driving and 19mpg highway. This is up about 3mpg from stock. The automatics get much better mileage due to the extra overdrive gear.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
My '04 2500 Hemi gets about 12.5 combined mpg with automatic trans, 4.10 gears, and 34s. This was before the fancy 6 speed transmission and VVT and stuff so I don't doubt the newer Hemi trucks will do significantly better.

crismateski

American Adventurist
Anyone have real world mileage figures from PW and 6.7 Cummins? I would love a PW, but I need a crew longbox for my camper...

I have an 06 Wagon with 305/70/17 AT, and a leer camper shell. 13.5 on the highway if I drive it nice but 12.5 is pretty realistic. 9-10 around town

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online