Pre-Order is up on the site. Let the wait begin.

zimm

Expedition Leader
I still havent hit the pre order yet. I Love what i built, mostly to look at, but, i love it. I do keep coming back to the original "basic farm implement intention" vs the "upscale" mall Defender, and my little voice is like... ****** am I doing ordering a 97k budget Gwagon??? Just get a later model 463 ********************************.

Then the real voice chimes in... you know what that is. that would be "shezimm'zilla".... "ooooohhhhh... thats so cute! I love it!!!!.... youre not gonna take that off road and do to it what you did to the lexus, the G, the LC, your mountain bike, your little brothers face, and the matchbox cars you had as kid, and ruin that too are ya?????? ... well..... are ya??? " "ahhhhh, no dear, this is all just for show, like, why would i want to scratch a red frame??" and she says, "It'll match my shoes!", then i say... "Yea, I am gonna take it off road, just like you wear those expensive shoes." ...then she's not talking to me... which isnt a bad thing, as i could use some peace and quiet that doesnt involve my legs going numb on the toilet and risking an embolism.

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
Dunno, lol. Most trucks I built online, it seems you get a bump in payload going from 17's to 18's. Guessed maybe it was the same here? I'm not a player on this thing at all for that kind of money. I was just having fun on their build and price.

I could get a stupidly loaded up offroady 1 ton diesel crew cab for that kind of money that would be more well suited for my use case. But, to each their own.

View attachment 781542
View attachment 781543
View attachment 781545
I dunnkow. Suddenly the Gren looks like the smart buy. I have a1 ton diesel. ever take a 1 ton offroad? its like guiding a boxcar on a goat path, all because you need that footprint and load capacity for your sleeping bag and partner stove.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I dunnkow. Suddenly the Gren looks like the smart buy. I have a1 ton diesel. ever take a 1 ton offroad? its like guiding a boxcar on a goat path, all because you need that footprint and load capacity for your sleeping bag and partner stove.
For sure. For my use case the 1 ton would make more sense as I tow an RV. The offroading I do could be accomplished by a beater Corolla, haha. Towing and Payload are a bigger priority fore me.

Last edited:

nickw

Adventurer
Tongue in cheek ?

Either the current understanding of what an "expo" rigs is have 18s (at least) or the Gren with 18s is not going to be an expo rig. :eek:

Afaik the max load rating for a 17" tire is 121, at least with an LT whereas 18" tires are available with higher load ratings. So that step up can permit higher payloads if the mfr desire (F350 for eg).

I believe the Gren has fixed GVWR for NA. The tires are not a ratings limiter. And in this case the 17" tires have a higher load rating than the optional 18" (all same OD)

That narrative was just a snow job; likening it to the old Defenders part of the pitch. Many will (only) be buying an image (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Asked my wife, "would you park it at a trail head". She said , "no", not even sure about parking it at some of the in-town places we frequent. So wth ?!
Why would it be tongue in cheek? The point is why spend $1200 on something that is not going to add value to an expo rig...you have more tire choices in 17's + more sidewall AND it's cheaper, win-win-win....what am missing?

Plenty of LR E tires in 17's that work fine on HD pickups with plenty of load carrying capacity - won't be an issue on a light duty rig like the Gren.

Last edited:

nickw

Adventurer
My 3/4 T offroad is a bumpy mess but it does it, no worse than an old leaf sprung Hilux or old square body Chev.....but step up to say a PowerWagon, get softer suspension, F&R lockers + still more load carrying capacity than a Gren and a full size truck starts to make more sense.

nickw

Adventurer
Dunno, lol. Most trucks I built online, it seems you get a bump in payload going from 17's to 18's. Guessed maybe it was the same here? I'm not a player on this thing at all for that kind of money. I was just having fun on their build and price.

I could get a stupidly loaded up offroady 1 ton diesel crew cab for that kind of money that would be more well suited for my use case. But, to each their own.

View attachment 781542
View attachment 781543
View attachment 781545
I really like the new HD ZR2:

1686001563223.png

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
They are very neat. Not seeing a build and price up yet.
To be honest, I built the previous diesel 1 ton trucks more as a price comparison.
For me, I wouldn't need all the off road capability the Tremor or ZR2's or AT4's offer.
I skipped the F150 Tremor because I couldn't add Max Tow or a 6'5 box.
So I just went with an FX4. I have yet to push it to it's limits too.
A gaspot HD with the normal 4X4 would be fine for me. I'd likely add a set of upsized All Terrain's all call it good.

The Gren is neat though. Glad it was built.
It would be neat to see them out and about doing what they were built to do.
Maybe Inoes needs to go a Long way up or Odyssey drive the world type film for them.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
2023 Bronco Big Bend™ 2 Door:​
  • 2.3L EcoBoost® I-4 Engine
  • 10-Speed Automatic Transmission
  • 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring Beadlock Capable
  • 35" LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain Tires
  • Cactus Gray
  • Cloth Gray/Black Seats
  • Big Bend with Mid Package
  • Sasquatch™ Package

This is our 2 Door 2023 Bronco Badlands on order as of March. There are a few other basic options not listed above. $48K and change MSRP for comparison

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle