Preparing the Grand Wagoneer, 1 week camping trip

svaras

Observer
1 week camping trip, on our Grand Wagoneer

Long time without posting. :victory:
Here I am, preparing my 1989 GW, for a 1 week camping trip through the north coast of Chile.
I installed an ARB roof tent. This is going to be the first trip with this tent....we will see.
I´ll make a full report of the trip when I get back.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

pint

Adventurer
Have fun and beautiful truck. Can't wait to hear the report. The GW's have always been one of my favorite rigs!

svaras

Observer
Thanks guys.....
Today I worked all day fabricating a rack for the roof (in front of the tent).
With 2 kids, even the huge cargo area of the Waggy is not enough.
I´ll upload pics tomorrow.
Friday is the departing day :wings:

svaras

Observer
Well, we are back...all I can say it was a fantastic trip, with the family and friends.
We covered 1600 miles in 7 days at the north coast of Chile. Out of that, around 400 miles were offroading.
Here a few pics....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I love how the mods you have done leave the truck basically stock looking. Thats what I'm trying to go for with my cherokee as well. Trying to make a roof rack of some sort, the only outside mod. (this may not be your goal, but in this stage of your buildup, I can appreciate it!)

I honestly can't get around the fact that I'll need outside storage due to the fact that I have 3 kids and they completely take up the rear seat.

I wouldn't have it any other way, though. Beautiful family and landscapes, by the way. Chile looks wonderful!

-Brian, in San Diego.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman