Prescott Mt Bike ride - take 2

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Should any of you fellas be up for some fat tire fun -

April 13th and May 11th will be fun days to hit the trail. Both Sundays. All are welcome.

April 13th - Meet at Thumb Butte parking area at 8:30. We'll do a little 2-3 hour ride in the area. Lots of stops. Mellow pace. Mucho fun. Moderately technical terrain with some service roads and buff singletrack.

May 11th - Meet at White Spar Campground on White Spar Highway about 1 mile south of Prescott. There again, that ride will be about 2 hours long on some brand spanking new singletrack that is fast, fast, and fast. Meeting time is again 8:30. That afternoon we're doing some trail maintenance but you can continue to ride if you'd rather do that. No pressure to pick up a shovel from us.

These rides are put on by Raven Singletrack here in town. www.ravensingletrack.com That is a little pet project of ours to help promote mountain biking in Prescott, which is getting better every month.

We'd love to have you! The more the merrier!

That May 11th ride will be a hoot. We have tentative plans to use DanChain's Pinzgauer and trailer as a shuttle vehicle to bypass some boring climbs and get us to the good stuff. Tell your amigos.

As an ExPo footnote: Many of the riders that regularly join these rides are also avid overlanders. Some own modified jeeps, Sportsmobiles, KTM 950s, etc. My way of saying, these are like minded dudes and dude-ettes. I'd love to have some ExPo riders join us. Shoot me an email if you have questions. ravensingletrack@gmail.com

Last edited:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
That stinks. By the time it melts off you'll have that new 29er up and rolling. Things are getting to be primo down here. Wish you could head this way.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
(** sorry to hijack this thread **)

Hey Flounder I'll send you a PM, I actually built it up about a month ago
maybe, great bike. Been commuting on it so I already ahve about 20-30 miles on it, even with really slow gearing. It is what I'll be bringing to Moab from CM so let's ride!

fisher205

Explorer
I'm going to be in prescott may 11th. I'm flying so won't have a bike. Any chance of getting a loaner a place that rents? - Brad

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
fisher205 said:
I'm going to be in prescott may 11th. I'm flying so won't have a bike. Any chance of getting a loaner a place that rents? - Brad
We'll locate some wheels for you, Brad. We do have a shop that rents as a back up. Let me know what size bike you need and I'll get that rolling for you. If nothing else, you can saddle up on my rig. I'll be conduction some ride logistics and other things so you can take a spin on my bike if need be. We'll take care of you.

Let me know what size bike you ride.

Christophe

fisher205

Explorer
Flounder, I'm riding 19" G. Fisher Mt. Tam 29er and a 29" G. Fisher 293. Finally got my first ride in foe the season last night. Had the road bike on the trainer , but as every year, it just becomes a good clothes rack. - Brad

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
fisher205 said:
Flounder, I'm riding 19" G. Fisher Mt. Tam 29er and a 29" G. Fisher 293. Finally got my first ride in foe the season last night. Had the road bike on the trainer , but as every year, it just becomes a good clothes rack. - Brad
You're welcome to borrow my 19" Fisher.....Rig. Ya, I'm a 29er single speeder. The trails we're riding are primo for a single speed. You're welcome to it. There's also a bike shop about 1/4 mile from the trail head that rents reasonably nice bikes. Which ever works best for you. If you have time to do multiple rides, feel free to ship your bike to me. I travel a lot and ship my bike all over the place.

fisher205

Explorer
The only singles I have ridden are an old Surly and new Trek 69er ( I would buy it on looks alone). So should be fun. My brother lives in town and I'm coming for my nieces grad. from NAU. So will pm you when time gets closer. - Brad

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Bump for this one.

Christoph, I'll be doing an equipment test on the 11th, but I'll keep my eye on the Raven. Those snap maps are cool! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the helmet-cam action :punk03:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
BajaTaco said:
Bump for this one.

Christoph, I'll be doing an equipment test on the 11th, but I'll keep my eye on the Raven. Those snap maps are cool! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the helmet-cam action :punk03:
Thanks Chris!

The Snap Maps are doing great. We've sold a pile of them in the local shops and the feedback seems to be positive. Anything to get more riders on the trail.

Raven Singletrack is also doing well and garnering some momentum in the community. We have more group rides planned and our first semi-organized bike-pack rides will start this summer. We've plotted some really great local loops for two day, one night bike-pack rides using uber light and fast gear. That should be fun.

Love to have you ride with us any time you can.

Christophe

www.ravensingletrack.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online