Pretty Cool Little Lantern

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Sucks that it uses AAA batteries - cost the same or more than AA's and store 1/3 as much energy. I refuse to buy anything AAA myself. Its not hard to power LEDs from a single AA battery these days - and they usually drain the battery to nearly zero voltage too.

moabian

There are lots of those little dome-type lights out there now. The Eddie Bauer you bought looks identical to the Supernova Halo 180, except the Supernova is, according to the specs, 50% brighter and is rechargeable via USB. I have a couple of the Supernovas and have been very happy with them.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
There are lots of those little dome-type lights out there now. The Eddie Bauer you bought looks identical to the Supernova Halo 180, except the Supernova is, according to the specs, 50% brighter and is rechargeable via USB. I have a couple of the Supernovas and have been very happy with them.

Was going to say the exact same thing. I REALLY like the USB-recharge feature. We've used solar-powered in the past, but unless we left them sliding around on the dashboard, they were always low-charge on the first night. (Fine if we were staying put multiple days and could soak up full sun during the daytime.)

I've got a ton of 12vdc and USB stuff in the van already, so these can be sure to always be charged.

moabian

The solar-powered Luci lights are nice. I bought several of them when they first came out a couple of years ago. They come in handy since my power goes out rather often here in the wilderness. They hold a charge for a long time.

tlin

Adventurer
The solar-powered Luci lights are nice. I bought several of them when they first came out a couple of years ago. They come in handy since my power goes out rather often here in the wilderness. They hold a charge for a long time.

Just picked up my first Luci - Walmart now sells them for $15. Pretty darn cool, looking forward to using it this year while camping.

Admittedly, I don't entirely get the point of inflating it as it has zero affect on luminosity but....I digress.

jerdog53

Explorer
I have the Snow Peak headlamp that has a little hook on the strap you can hang it up which we do in the tent. It does take AAA batteries but is LED and they last a while.

0011_ES-020_black_1024x1024.jpg

hyperboarder

Adventurer
FWIW I got that EB light for my daughter for Christmas, had a $10 giftcard I needed to use. It's pretty nice, she loves it and it's held up to the abuse of a 4 year old. I'll let her take it camping this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears