Pricing help on a 1997 Discovery

dirtysouth

Adventurer
Here is a description of the vehicle in question. I'm not looking for a DD so much as I am something to beat around on the FS roads with.

Black with tan leather interior
Third row jump seats
Power Windows
Dual Power Sunroofs
6 disc CD changer
138,XXX miles
4.0 liter V-8
Automatic

The Good:
runs excellent
A/C still cold
2" Old Man Emu Lift
Full size Wilderness Rack with shovel and axe holders
Rear Ladder
Safari Gard rock sliders
Safari Gard Diff Guards - front and rear
6" lights on the front of the rack (needs new relay)
4" lights on the rear
6" Hellas on the brush gaurd (needs new relay)
two spare tires on steel wheels
5,000lbs. jate ring on the frame
new brakes
new serpentine belt
new misc. hoses
recent battery
new starter
new front crank seal
new oil pressure sensor
new valve cover gaskets
rebuilt center diff linkage
new plugs and wires
recent power steering pump and hoses
good rubber floor mats
wired for a CB
will include Hi-Lift jack

The bad:
needs tires
cracked exhaust manifold (has been that way for 7 years, does not affect the operation of the truck)
headliner tacked up in a couple spots
scratches and dents from being used as a trail truck for years
no emergency brake
rear windows work when they feel like it

I hate to sell it as it's been an absolute blast to have as a toy. It has NEVER left me stranded on the street or trail.

Scott Brady

Founder
Only the perfect, low mileage trucks and manuals fetch any premium. I would have paid 10k for mine when I bought it a few years ago.

Honestly, I would hold out for a better truck. The interesting thing about Rovers, is that low-mileage babied trucks do come up. People store them at a cabin, etc. and they get little use.

dirtysouth

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies guys. He said he would take $2500 for it, and even said that if I am not comfortable wrenching on things, that I may not want a Rover. The lure of these things are strong...

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
Sounds like a wise man. A seller like that I am sure has taken care the best he can with this disco and his price is spot on. If you get it come to SAE in a coming of weeks in Blairesville.

jrose609

Explorer
Sounds like a fairly honest guy. There are a lot of mods on that truck worth some money. $2500 for a stock truck in that condition is probably too much, but for a good running trail rig with a lot invested maybe not too bad.

there are always "cheaper" rigs out there, but if the guy has kept up on maintenance and mechanicals....

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12