pricing help

jgallo1

Adventurer
I am toying with the idea of selling my truck. I am looking for some help on how to price it.
Thanks
Specs:
2020 fx4 Ford 6.7 Supercab upgraded XLT package.
All routine maintenance has been done at Ford dealers.
In the last 5k
new fox 2.0 all around
new fox 2.0 steering stabilizer
Amp research steps
Bowen flatbed
backstop bumper 16k come up winch

K9LTW

My general practice when selling. Determine KBB for the vehicle. Don't factor in labor costs for parts...that's too localized in nature, and someone that's more/less-skilled will pay less/more. As far as add-ons...they're only worth it to someone that would have the same desires. Realistically, if you expect to take a 50% hit on cost of that part (and it doesn't need immediate replacement), you're in the ballpark. The buying frenzy is over. Dealers are incentivizing new vehicles, again, and rates are high. If you want a fair sell in a shortish amount of time? KBB + 1/2 the cost of the add-ons. Done. Maybe a bit more than half for the flatbed as it's a really nice one.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Determining the value is EASY!

KBB or NADA for a value on the truck.

All the stuff you have added has No Value to a dealer at trade in time. In many instances all the stuff you added makes the vehicle worth less to a dealer. The dealer may have to spend time and money to remove and replace all that stuff you added to sell the vehicle to the next person. The same situation will most likely occur to most buyers when you try a private sale. All that stuff you added might be nice however very few if any buyers are willing to pay anything for it.

The one exception to the above is the flatbed. While the flatbed limits the amount of overall buyers who will buy the truck you only need that one buyer who wants a flatbed and those buyers are most certainly out there.

IF you are able to recover 25% of the value of all the stuff you added to the truck through a private sale consider yourself very fortunate.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Not fishing at all.
Still not sure I want to sell. I am considering downsizing. Since the truck is not standard, I am not sure how to price it if I sold it.
Go kick some tires and see what the trade-in offer is, that should get you started.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Go kick some tires and see what the trade-in offer is, that should get you started.
Trade in offers are currently ridiculously low compared to selling prices. Lots are overflowing. Dealers aren’t giving much, but you can still get decentish money in an outright sell.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Perhaps, depending on your area, you should try to hang on to what you drive if you can, hold off unless you "must" sell.

"Market value" a price a buyer and seller agree to under conditions of a fair sale transaction, fully paid in cash or its equivalent.

If the market value is lower than the value to you, don't sell unless you must and accept the loss.

What your vehicle might be worth to someone may not be what it's worth to you, the seller does not set the market, a buyer does when the deal is done.

jgallo1

Adventurer
I stopped into a Ford dealer today to see what they offer, of course, they told me the flatbed takes away from the price.
They did say that it is worth it in the 40s and they would go higher on a trade. For my laughs, I asked what they had for me to trade up to and they showed me a bunch of dually f350 lariats, & raptors for 75k and up ha ha.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I am surprised that you want out of it so soon to be honest. Like the others have said, don't count on much if anything at all for the aftermarket bits, it's meaningless to 98% of all buyers. I agree that if you aren't totally sold on letting it go and you don't need the money then I would hold onto it as the market has already shifted. Rates are up, incentives are back, dealer stock is up and the economy and buying frenzy are waaaaay down. None of those is in your favor at the moment and you'll certainly be leaving money on the table in comparison to where things were last year.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Put the vin into one of the big used car estimator sites and answer honestly. When I did that it was within 200 bucks of the dealer. No one is paying top dollar for a used truck when new ones are on the lot and negotiable. You should have sold last year.

jgallo1

Adventurer
I am surprised that you want out of it so soon to be honest. Like the others have said, don't count on much if anything at all for the aftermarket bits, it's meaningless to 98% of all buyers. I agree that if you aren't totally sold on letting it go and you don't need the money then I would hold onto it as the market has already shifted. Rates are up, incentives are back, dealer stock is up and the economy and buying frenzy are waaaaay down. None of those is in your favor at the moment and you'll certainly be leaving money on the table in comparison to where things were last year.
I am not sure I want out of it. I don't need to sell it. It's just a thought. The truth is I use it for work. I am annoyed with work b/c they pay for gas but not maintenance. With a diesel, we all know maintenance is just more, especially when driving offroad. I asked them if an HD truck was necessary for the job, and they said no. I can use an old ranch truck to tow horses up to pack and then drive a small truck , if we are not using horses or side by side. A small truck can still tow a side by side and would cost half in maintenance.
That's the only reason I was thinking of selling. I already have my 80 series and a little 83 Toyota so I can't just buy another rig ha ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12

Members online