privacy tents\shower tents feedback

huachuca

Adventurer
The Cabelas product has served us well for fifteen or so years. Used mostly on Portsmouth Island, Cape Lookout NS. The zipper pulls haven't fared too well in the salt air but the sliders still work. Its held up to some really strong winds when staked and guyed Their current model looks to have some sort of EZ up feature with cammed poles which might have a problem with beach sand.

IMG_2354_zpspauzd0vo.jpg

hemifoot

Observer
i have one of those.it's probably 7 or so years old now and still going,although we don't use it as much now,just on our month long trips.also have the trekker style for my pop up truck campers outside shower for our long weekend fishing trips,fits under the lift up bed.great for the summer months camping,not so much for spring/fall but they block out the wind surprisingly well. both are great.old thread, i know.

Laps

I second the recommendation for the Light Speed. I have a much older Cabelas but it is much heavier and more time to set up. The Light Speed goes right up and is relatively light, well built.

Dozer Dan

Observer
I actually just pulled the trigger and bought a Quick-Pitch Ensuite from Drifta. My bank account is currently not talking to me but we will kiss and make up soon I hope.

rnArmy

Adventurer
I use this from Cabela's. Not expensive, and not the most heavy duty, but it does the job. Easy to set-up. I had it staked down, but I didn't have the tie-downs in place. I had the opening facing the water (nice view when sitting down), and I warned folks if they walked between my changing tent and the water, they might see more of me than they might want. It folds up into a round flat pancake that stores easily.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Copper-River-Fold-A-Privy/2195317.uts?slotId=1

Video:
And that is a Cabela's double sized tent cot bolted to the top of the trailer (my poor-boy's RTT) in case you're wondering.
camping.2.jpg

Last edited:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I acquired a QuickPitch ensuite and its a game changer. I have tried every bloody thing on the market and they have ALL failed me. They recently received US distribution and although a a higher price than your cheap pop up rooms to handle your business this is a much better product hands down. I think most Americans will look at the price and freak out because we have those cheap pop up tents embedded in our minds or the "just go dig a hole" type mentality. I like a bit of comfort here and there when I camp and this fits the just does the job, and it does it VERY well!

DSC04972

DSC04973

DSC04975

DSC04976

DSC04977

DSC04980

DSC04981

These things look awesome and I've been seriously thinking about picking one up to use with a Road Shower or equivalent. Looks like it's not much more $ to get the aluminum case model (versus the soft case model). Did you use the Front Runner Bat/Manta brackets to mount it?

$399.00 for the bag version at Backwoods....but $69.95 shipping?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Bullcrap!

Last edited:

LosAngeles

Does anyone have an Alu Cab Shower Cube? (although they just were released, so likely not)

I like how the arms LOCK in place... that is a big plus.

90 sec video:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan