Project Alberta Overland. 2013 Tacoma

jeverich

Luddite
Yeah.. It might be a bit of a pipe dream.. Dunno how I feel about doing it solo.

You guys really have your **** together as far as road conditions/internet updates. Used the 511 website heavily both times going through the Yukon.

Thanks for the info - don't want to derail your build thread.

Running a 2 Meter? What's that antenna on your hood?

KJP

jeverich, I don't think crossing the mountains through Banff will be any different this time of year than crossing over the divide through Montana - both will have lots of ice and snow for making some interesting driving. Hope you get a sunny day and the roads are dry since that road is absolutely gorgeous, especially Highway 1 through Yoho National park towards the town of Golden. No matter which way you go - drive safe!

And that RTT rack for you tacoma is looking good - I'll be bugging Nate to see if he's got a tube bender because I'd like to build one of those as well... LOL.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Interesting start to your build. What are your future plans re winch, dual batteries and skid plates?

Taconate

Observer
VR 8000 Winch, with Synthetic Line, dual optima batteries probably and i haven't decided on the skids yet.. all a work in progress :)

Taconate

Observer
tacojan17back.jpgTacojan17front.jpgTacojan17side.jpg

Well Its a balmy +4 here…so i decided to update this thread! Got my 2" Toytec Levelling spacers installed, Alignment done, Lights are all wired… I should take one in the dark :). But other than that, I'm very happy with my Tacoma, Its so pretty :) Other than some re-decalling with the Expedition Overland decals i had made up, the tent will be put back on in a month or 2, and Ill start fabbing up a more permanent solution for my RTT. as the picture shows, I'm just using Yakima bars.. Any advice please share!! Thanks for looking :)

Taconate

Observer
Update!! :) Alrighty, so Smittybilt XRC-8 Winch installed, and some guy wanted white writing tires… So he traded me for a set of brand new 285/75r16 ATs, I LOVE the look of em, they fill the wheel well so much nicer then the 265s. Also plastidipped the flares and badges.

taco2.jpg

Taco1.jpg

Acher550

Oh man those plasti-dipped flares are temting... Might have do do that on my silver 1st gen....
Did u just tape for overspray?

Taconate

Observer
Oh man those plasti-dipped flares are temting... Might have do do that on my silver 1st gen....
Did u just tape for overspray?

Yeah i stuck playing cards in between the flare and body and masked around the panel. Then after each coat of plasti-dip, i took a tooth pick and ran it along the seam so the plasti-dip doesnt dry and connect the cards and flares. then when you remove the cards and masking tape, theres a nice clean line and it wont peel when you try to unmask it.

Acher550

Yeah i stuck playing cards in between the flare and body and masked around the panel. Then after each coat of plasti-dip, i took a tooth pick and ran it along the seam so the plasti-dip doesnt dry and connect the cards and flares. then when you remove the cards and masking tape, theres a nice clean line and it wont peel when you try to unmask it.

Good to know the tricks.
Did u source the tupei tent in edomonton somwhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998