Project "Autonomous" F-350

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Thanks. I have not decided which throwout I will use. I might go with a concentric bearing and ditch the clutch fork. I'm still debating it with myself. :drool: If I go with external slave cylinder I can fabricate a mount. I already bought a flywheel from Jegs for $99 but I will definitely call on the clutch. From what I have heard, some clutches hit the bellhousing. Having someone who either knows, or can measure the parts will be invaluable. I have calipers so the pilot bearing does not worry me. I even found a video showing how to get the bearing out with bread. :sombrero:

Seabass

Idiot
The bread trick actually works!!! I've done it several times. As a bonus- once you have the bearing out -you have a nice little snack to re-charge you to finish the job!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I think bread would be cleaner than grease but I wouldn't eat it afterwards. :sombrero: KOH was brutal. I'm not a billy goat. The climbing wore me out.

MRP_1170.jpg

The hard work was worth it but I'm only halfway done. More stories due out Monday.

MRP_1189.jpg

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Leaving for the Mint 400 this week. After living with bad steering column bearings since I bought the F350, I finally pulled the steering column out and replaced the bearings. What a difference. I am finally able to feel the ease of steering that my saginaw pump and ram assist from Power Steering Solution provides. I've never done it before; proud of myself for figuring it out and getting it all back together with no snags. I have been postponing some maintenance on the truck because I plan to do it when the parts are removed. The F250 is getting closer to realization. Getting all the parts together to put in the 460 and T-18 manual transmission. I'm amazed at how complicated it's becoming trying to build something simple. :snorkel: At least the F350 is set up for truck camping and is comfortable to sleep in when the weather is mild. It's going to be a long week shooting photos every day for 4 days. I hope to get some good stuff.

2017 Mint

Mikes_Race_Photo_MRP_0391.jpg

MRP_3637.jpg

Mikes_Race_Photo_MRP_5155.jpg

MRP_3760.jpg

Last edited:

Seabass

Idiot
Hang in there Mike! Everything in life is only a season. They come and they go. You'll get there. We'll keep readin' what your posting while you figure it all out!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Public Service Announcement. Don't truck camp at the truck stop. Other places to avoid would be train switching hubs and at the end of airport runways. :coffee:

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Sounds like there's a story to share...........

Just super noisy with generators and yard jockeying all night. Woke up in the a.m. and hoped I wasn't boxed in.

At the mint today I ran into this guy who wanted to take a photo with me. Anyone know him?

IMAG0537 webres.jpg

ericvs

I ran into this guy who wanted to take a photo with me. Anyone know him?

Diesel Dave from 'The Diesels Brothers'

they build things like this:

brothers.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior