Project build: Anyone have a 2016/2017 Tacoma & want parts?

EDIT: GOT A TON OF GREAT REPLIES AND ARE CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR NEW REQUESTS! WILL LYK ASAP.--Dave

G'day all.

4WD Toyota Owner magazine is looking for someone with an unmodified 2016+ 4WD Tacoma to build for a project truck.

In brief, we source all the parts at no cost, you supply the install and photos. Not a bad deal :)

We pick the parts, but we do communicate with you. We don't just dump items on you. We welcome suggestions and try to get wish list items but ultimately we decide on what parts are coming. That said, we don't get junk.

Parts are yours to keep as long as they stay on the vehicle for at least two years. This is the projected length of the project build timeline.

If vehicle must be sold or transferred before two years are up, you must remove and return the parts. There will be a signed contract pertaining to these two points.

Various social networking aspects will be done as well by both parties.

We do this occasionally when an editor does not have a specific vehicle. The last one we did was a gent in Seattle who had a FJ Cruiser. We named it Project Al-Khamsin, due to the desert tan color, and put on suspension/control arms/bumpers f/r, sliders, full armor, lights, winch, tires, etc.

If interested, please email me rather than PM. This is posted at other forums. Again no PMs please. dave at 4wd toyota owner .com.

Cheers!

Dave

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Adventurer
Dang, that sounds cool!

Now if I could only afford a new truck (but hey, if you ever wanna do some fixing up on a first gen....).

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Sweet deal for someone!

Are you sure there's no editorial demand to see a partially done project 2008 Tacoma get completed?

adubya

I'm about 7 months too late, but I've got a 2017 with 400 miles that would love some new parts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78