Project 'Patience' - 2023 F150

Dougnuts

I also added the ambient lighting to this truck. My 2018 had the lit cupholders, so it felt like a step backwards to not have it on the 2023 truck. While I was at it, I also added a glovebox light and the footwell lighting. Total cost was around $200, including the harnesses from JHForman812. It also required some Forscan tweaks to make them active and dimmable.

Here's a LINK to a thread with John's workmanship and a few people have posted how-to's in the thread.

53673438053_ac3bed14b6_b.jpg

Speaking of lighting, one thing I really like about this truck is the approach lighting. It's only an annoyance when I'm walking past the truck with the key in my pocket, but otherwise I really appreciate it. We are going camping next month, so I wonder if I need a Faraday cage to keep the key in all night. :unsure:

53673575184_dac698e80b_b.jpg

Yesterday, I reset the MPG monitor for the first time and after about 100 miles of optimal two-lane highway driving, it's showing 22mpg. I'm good with that.

53673574554_4686b3b91b_b.jpg

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Speaking of lighting, one thing I really like about this truck is the approach lighting. It's only an annoyance when I'm walking past the truck with the key in my pocket, but otherwise I really appreciate it. We are going camping next month, so I wonder if I need a Faraday cage to keep the key in all night. :unsure:
That's the 'wake up' setting. I disabled it in the features menu. My truck is parked right outside my office window so it was constantly going off since the key was so close. Plus it would do it while we were camping and annoy other campers in the evenings.

Dougnuts

I spent a little while tonight putting this together. <excited>
A few neighbors are going to help me install it tomorrow. It was hard to spend that much money, but I've wanted one for years. This is one of the new ones, built in the USA and has the new latches.

53681170081_938e6dbe0c_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior