Propane piping

Thanks for the add, so I am in the process of building a off-road teardrop style camper. The current question I have is how is everyone running there propane lines? hard pipe? flexible quick connect lines?
I will have a interior gas heater and 2 spots to hook up a gas cook stove
Thanks for the response.

Louisd75

Adventurer
I used copper tubing to my furnace. I've got a tee installed at the end that I may add a quick connect for a hose to my stove eventually.

Teardropper

I'm using a combination of 1/2" black pipe, followed by a run of flexible steel (to allow me to jig over some stuff) and then rubber to a heater and a cook stove.

I've got kind of an odd issue. My Partner stove takes a 27 PSI regulator and the Propex heater needs an 11 WCI regulator that is about a 1/2 pound. So I'm running 27PSI back to a T and sticking the heater regulator back there.

3/8" black was my first choice but the local Ace store doesn't carry it in this two-horse town.

T

Thank you for the input. Well that brings a new question to me as well. I’ve been looking at one of those partner stoves and had no idea they needed that much pressure. Between the cost and that amount of pressure I think I will look at different stoves.

Teardropper

Thank you for the input. Well that brings a new question to me as well. I’ve been looking at one of those partner stoves and had no idea they needed that much pressure. Between the cost and that amount of pressure I think I will look at different stoves.

The Partner stoves come with the regulator. I've got mine sitting on a shelf in the shop at the moment. They are built like an (aluminum) tank.

The Camp Chef stoves a great, BTW. I'm running a Primus in our current teardrop. There's a lot of wasted space with the Primus.

8nJuMnP.jpg

T

Teardropper

3/8" black was my first choice but the local Ace store doesn't carry it in this two-horse town.

For the record, I scrapped the black pipe plan after consulting with a friend that installs propane stuff for a living. I would have had lots of joints with black pipe.

I went with rubber propane line for the Propex heater and rubber automotive propane line for the Partner stove. After measuring my needs, I had the lines made up by the local propane company and installation was easy.

4BAeQ2E.jpg

Rubber makes for easy installation.

T

Alloy

For the record, I scrapped the black pipe plan after consulting with a friend that installs propane stuff for a living. I would have had lots of joints with black pipe.

I went with rubber propane line for the Propex heater and rubber automotive propane line for the Partner stove. After measuring my needs, I had the lines made up by the local propane company and installation was easy.

4BAeQ2E.jpg

Rubber makes for easy installation.

T

I hope there's no quick connect for the stove inside the trailer that will leak (not if, but when) and fill the trailer with propane .

Are you using a propane alarm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle