Proper Pitman Arm for 2000 Ford E350 Quigley

Nbalbo2010

Can anyone recommend the proper pitman arm for a 2000 Ford E350 Quigley? I just converted my van last week using donor parts from a 2002 E350, and unfortunately the donor van had a pitman arm with a narrower spline circle. My van has a steering box with 36 splines and keyways that measures 33 mm diameter, but the donor van had a steering box with 36 splines, no keyways, and only measures 30 mm diameter. I ended up just putting my stock pitman arm back on for the time being, but my turning radius is atrocious and the van has some bump steer issues. I contacted quigley, but they haven't been super helpful yet. Thanks!

joeblack5

Can you convert the 2002 steering box. Id it was a Quigley then they are very helpful when you give them the vin number of their conversion. They have a parts list for that.. for future repairs / owners it is easiest if all stays the same. So don't forget to get their door sticker and or vin number of the donor.

Good luck,
Johan

Ole Chipper

On my 96 Quigley conversion I needed all the tie rod, ends and drag links. Called Quigley with my vin and they had the parts. Wanted $500 and would not tell me what they came off. Yes they use a combination of OEM parts. Question is what are they.

Luckily I took my old stuff down to my local GOOD buddy at NAPA. Took him a couple days but I got all the new MOOG stuff. Only cost $160 bucks, YES only $160 bucks. What a fricken rip off Quigley. Don't remember exactly what it was but some Dodge stuff with a Chevy link and Ford ends to fit the spindles.

Take that pitman arm down and have the guy match it up. If you have a good parts guy around. Cause I bet quigley didn't custom make a arm.

whith

Quigley has always been great about sharing part numbers and sending me the diagrams etc. They may upcharge a lot on some parts direct from them but they’ve never held me captive so to speak and I’ve gotten a lot of parts when need much as you did.

Daviticus

My 95 Quigley DRW uses all OBS F350 stuff up front, and the stock E350 pitman arm. Perhaps the SRW vans are a different beast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle