Propex Heater in a box.....

I have an OVRLND pop-up camper on our Superduty. Wanting to build a Propex heater in a case, like a Pelican. I like the portable diesel heaters that are built into a box, but would like to do the same concept with a Propex HS2000 or HS2211. Has anyone built or seen one built into some type of case so it can be portable?
Thanks Jeff

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
They are already in a box, ready to mount of the wall or floor.

Do you mean in a larger box and make it portable? I don't see a problem with that, why not just bolt it to a board or plywood sheet that can keep it secure while you use it, no box is really needed. Use long flex hose to vent.

montechie

I saw this Valiant Propex in a Roam box the other day. Been having the same thoughts, something to protect it from the elements and just hang on the outside when in use. I don't know if I'd pay $2200 for the convenience, although $1200 of that is Propex+heater accessories.

KDB

This has been done already as mentioned above. A lot of space is taken up with that case though.

KDB, I saw the Youtube video using a roam box. That set up is not portable, I dont need to store every part in the box. Just thinking about something like the portable diesel heaters size, that I can bring along when I need it and leave it at home when I don't. just trying to think about the weight of another propane tank to a few gallons of diesel. The nice thing about the Propex is it is clean burning where the diesel heaters seem to have to be taken apart and the soot removed. Thanks Jeff

plh

Explorer
There are numerous chinese diesel heater in "box" or "case" builds on YouTube. These could easily be referenced for a DIY Propex box build. I have not seen anything already built and available to purchase complete.

ExpoMike

Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) used to offer a portable Propex heater built into a small tool box. You might Google and see if any pics are still out there.

I think this one is posted here on ExPo

ad421a40-3c0f-4672-9f7d-d5b2825e3034-jpeg.701890

EDIT: Found another pic here
beeebc8bf80ebf2c92dea0fcffb98f84.jpg

I made up a bulkhead with a bbq quick connect on my Khaya. Tank sits out by the back door. Not sure if you already have gas inside your camper,

I made up a bulkhead with a bbq quick connect on my Khaya. Tank sits out by the back door. Not sure if you already have gas inside your camper,
The OVRLND Camper is a truck bed rail mount design. My thought is thinking about using the Propex HS2211 model heater. This model is sealed with the exhaust and air intake on the side instead of the bottom. Thinking of a outside of the camper temporary wall mount with the heater tubes running through one of the sliding windows with a filler plate that can be removed when traveling. I don't have any gas inside so the tank would set on the ground under the heater..... Thanks for your reply Jeff

NOPEC

The OVRLND Camper is a truck bed rail mount design. My thought is thinking about using the Propex HS2211 model heater. This model is sealed with the exhaust and air intake on the side instead of the bottom. Thinking of a outside of the camper temporary wall mount with the heater tubes running through one of the sliding windows with a filler plate that can be removed when traveling. I don't have any gas inside so the tank would set on the ground under the heater..... Thanks for your reply Jeff

I am installing a HS2211 inside on my current slide in truck camper build. I initially was going to mount it along the vertical wall outside but lost my nerve after I crushed my cardboard model on my first dryrun loading. It's a long story.... I have a HS2000 in my current camper and I am finding that the side mount intake/exhaust set up on the HS2211 is very slick for my "plan B" inside mount on this camper. I am using a silicone moulded engine turbo elbow for a short turn of the hot air outlet on the heater (Amazon..). The Propex 60 mm flex hose should adapt pretty easily to the 2.5" ID. This might work for your convertible filler plate.

I am also using a molded silicone turbo connector for my exhaust exit through my FRP Composite panel wall.

717oWjbQ6cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

SoCal_80

Explorer
I am likely going to put my Propex heater in an Adventure Trailers (AT) toolbox up for sale soon. Let me know if you are interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior