Protecting the Front Axle Rubber Boots

Aussie Iron

Explorer
That is only for parts, the rest I will do myself as I'm going to be overhauling the whole front end. Not that there is anything wrong but I'll be looking to get a diff centre from Alan to increase traction on the front.

OK
How much for "two MK501329 or MK526864 and four MK501330" from a dealer in Australia?

If it were me I'd be making them myself as there is not a lot to it. Get a bit of !/8" wear plate (bisaloy) you could just use mid steel but the other won't bend out of shape if it gets hit as easily, cut to size, bend in a press and a couple of brackets to mount them up. Will be a lot cheaper.

Dan.

eMULe

Dan,
I installed a 'torque biasing differential' in the front end a while back. I had to pull the brakes, spindles and axles to remove the differential center section. I replaced the grease seals on the back side of the brake drums. I remember paying about 5 times as much as expected for the same part on a domestic (US) light truck. I didn't pull the steering knuckles so not those other seals. I've always worried about the 'health' of those rubber boots and spray them with rubber protector solution every time I lube the truck.
Yes, those metal 'rubber boot protectors' are not very complicated parts. I imagine Alan, who essentially built a Fuso from scratch, could make a set in 10 minutes. I seem to take forever to custom fabricate parts.

Brian

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Brian.

My advice... Make them yourself or get somebody to do it for you.

Finding an Australian dealer who will ship overseas may not be that simple. There was an official email from head office that went out to all the dealers here a couple of years ago clearly telling them not to sell internationally.... I guess to protect the interests of dealers overseas.

Regards
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12