Pure speculation: 4.5L diesel Hummer H2

haven

Expedition Leader
The folks at PickupTruck.com have a news item showing photos of a Hummer H2 test mule:

hummerpickup.jpg

This particular vehicle is noteworthy for two reasons. First, it appears to be built on the latest GM truck and SUV platform (the GMT 900), which is considerably stronger, has better brakes, and has better suspension options than the older generation platform used on all Hummer H2s to date.

Second, the PickupTruck.com staff think they see evidence that the test mule is running the new 4.5L V8 Duramax diesel.

If true, this new Hummer pickup (or a similar Chevy crew cab 4x4 diesel 1500 pickup) might be a very nice platform for expedition travel.

Chip Haven

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Cool. They build that one and they can drop the Avalanche.

And having the diesel in the 1/2 ton trucks will be cool too.

Now how about putting one in the H3 also;)

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Not trying to be an *** here guys, but Hummers suck. Unless it's a verb. Soccer moms and posers destroyed any chance of them ever being cool.

Scott Brady

Founder
The H3 with the diesel would actually be a great vehicle. The only real issue I have with the H3 is the visibility...

Oh well, Hummers just can't get any love on ExPo.

Scott Brady

Founder
Fireman78 said:
Not trying to be an *** here guys, but Hummers suck.

I am not necessarily saying you are wrong, but on ExPo we try to avoid highly generalized brand bashing.

Tell us why you think they "suck". Unfortunately, the word "suck" tells us you dislike the product, but doesn't help anyone reading it know what is wrong with it. It could be as simple as "I don't like their appearance" to as detailed as you have actually owned and driven one for two years and have X things you have found to be a problem.

I have actually driven and tested Hummers, and consider the H1 and H3 to be perfectly reasonable platforms, though I still have some grumbles with them, as I do with most vehicles that are not Land Cruiser 70 series or Defender 110's :)

Ron B

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
Oh well, Hummers just can't get any love on ExPo.

you brought a tear to my eye.

I agree with the poser and soccermom comment, just add GM to that list.

rb

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I drove real Humvee's in the Army. They were very tough and I always said I wanted one back then. (I also liked the 6x6's "Duece and a half's".) I suppose it's a purpose thing. I have NEVER seen a Hummer H2 off of pavement... never. I guess it just bothers me a bit, you know, the waste of natural resources based solely on image. I guess it's only the H2's I have a problem with, sorry for the generalization.

Last edited:

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I have a friend here who regularly off-roads an H2, I'll see if I can find some picts. Its not my favorite vehicle, but he beats on it!

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
ChuckB said:
I have a friend here who regularly off-roads an H2, I'll see if I can find some picts. Its not my favorite vehicle, but he beats on it!
I would buy that guy a beer.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Fireman78 said:
Not trying to be an *** here guys, but Hummers suck. Unless it's a verb. Soccer moms and posers destroyed any chance of them ever being cool.

I've wheeled with a few hummers, and I thought they were sweet. A little gas thirsty,and a little too much chrome, but besides that I like them. If you put the engine from my 4runner (or a diesel) in an H3, i'd give it a look.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Ryanmb21 said:
If you put the engine from my 4runner (or a diesel) in an H3, i'd give it a look.

They have one-upped you and put the 5.3 GM Vortec in the H3 Alpha. The H3 Alpha also has a stronger front diff than the regular H3. Chad Hall won the Stock Full class this year at Baja in his new H3 Alpha race truck too.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Hey thanks guys, I enjoy watching off road stuff. Lets not turn this into "Prove Fireman78 wrong day" all I meant was I LOATHE mall cruisers and soccer moms driving 8 thousand pound SUVs and these vehicles will never see dirt. Just bugs me. I'm sure those guys on the Youtube video feel the same. Hey- check this one out-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ExBgdaTTDU&feature=related can you say---Arctic Expedition. OK OK I have to admit it-- that is cool!

Last edited:

ridefruita

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior