Quad Deserts then on to SEMA

kai38

Explorer
I got back last night from a three week trip, Traveled through Mojave Desert, Joshua Tree, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park the largest state park in California & KofA (King of Arizona) ending up in Las Vegas at the SEMA show.
Traveled over 3100 miles during the trip, two rock chips to the windshield, one ran into a cracked windshield,FJ wheeled awesome.
Went with friends from Canada, AZ, & CA.
Planning to take the Canadians to Monticello & The Gila later this month.
He's driving a right hand diesel 70 series.
http://www.pbase.com/kai38/quad_desert_expedition_2010
The first 7 pictures are folders with more pictures.

130084142.7K0zjWzY.IMG_0523.JPG

delmartin

Observer
Fantastic.

I just did the reverse of your trip. Left SEMA in Vegas, drove through Mojave, Joshua Tree and Anza Borrego. Absolutely stunning scenery.

-Martin

zonker

Adventurer
Since up until the last minute I was planning on being there. Sure wish I could have pulled it off. Looks like a great time was had by all. Actually I was very lucky to not have come. On October 15 I was diagnosed with Pneumonia and I am still dealing with it. Would have been a real problem to have been that sick and wandering around the desert. My guess I would have abandoned and tried to find medical help. Funny how things happen as the Pneumonia was not the reason I did not come.. good thing my initial reason kept me away.

Thanks for posting all the photos so that I can at least live vicariously through those that went!

xpdishn

Adventurer
Kirk,
Really nice to meet you. We had a great time for the couple of days we were with you all.

Nice to see some of the other parts of the Quad. Wish we could have completed all 4 parts.
Thanks again,

Gary, Paula, Mickey and Scooter

kai38

Explorer
Kirk,
Really nice to meet you. We had a great time for the couple of days we were with you all.

Nice to see some of the other parts of the Quad. Wish we could have completed all 4 parts.
Thanks again,

Gary, Paula, Mickey and Scooter

Nice meeting the 4 of you all also.
Too bad you didn't make the rest of the trip, hopefully there will be more.
AB was my favorite part of the trip. Interesting area, lots of stuff off the beaten track to explore.

Mr. D

Adventurer
wow cool link to the spot information and great pictures. One I recover from my knee surgery I am hoping to explore some of quad area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears