Quadra Drive 11 Unlock the transfercase in low range

Bloke

I have a dilemma with too much traction from this excellent drivetrain system. I have a 2006 WH CD Ltd with Quadradrive 11 transmission. I need to reverse a 2000kg caravan up a 1:4 concrete driveway with a slight bend in it approximately 10 metres long. I need to use low range for the gearing. High range really works the torque converter overtime and is too fast to manouver. The locked drive train, as expected doesn't like the concrete and binds up. I have stopped, changed to high then re-engaged low, to release the tension. This certainly helps.
Any ideas?
The questions are:
How high is the risk of breaking something?
Is there any way of unlocking the transfer case in low range?

Any suggestions welcome.

hoaxci5

Observer
It's all electronically controlled so I doubt there is an easy way to disable the lock up.

Would it do any better if you got a front receiver and pushed it up instead of reversing it up?

Bloke

I believe that may work. It should require less manouvering and thus less binding. Also I may be able to use high range for part of the distance as 1st in lower geared thna reverse. Just need to build a front coupling.
Thanks for the suggestion.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I would never make a tight turn on dry pavement in low range, needs to be some slippage or bias between your contact patches or there will be some binding.

Bikemobile

Adventurer
Somebody needs to build / make a controller for the qd2 and qt2 systems that lets you have 2lo without locker, 4lo without lockers, 2hi with lockers and without.

I want 2hi in my qt2 jeep grand

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Somebody needs to build / make a controller for the qd2 and qt2 systems that lets you have 2lo without locker, 4lo without lockers, 2hi with lockers and without.

I want 2hi in my qt2 jeep grand

Your qt2 system does not have lockers...qd2 is the only system that has lockers (elsd)

You could easily add a rear locker to your qt2 system...either mechanical or air.

So a switch would only be beneficial for the qd2 system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179