QuadsBC's 05 Double Cab Tundra Family Expo Build

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Drives pretty good, little slower but manageable. I'd like to regear whenever I lock her up.

A lot of head turning on the road today.

Benc

Explorer
Looks great! How do they clear? The offset is nice for the frame clearance but will give a bigger scrub radius which will cause the tire to move closer to the firewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Looks so mean. I love it.

I'm currently designing a topper reinforcement of some sort as well. When I attached my rack I was suprised how thin the fiberglass was... like 3/16". And I have close to 200# up there rack+RTT. Are you concerned about the strength of the bedsides? I'm thinking I'll run my reinforcements thru the bed.

thethePete

Explorer
Quite a bit of rake there, looks awesome with the minimal lift, but does it level out some with a full load for a trip?

Love the rig. Congrats on the well done tub.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
I'm not worried about the rails being able to hold the weight. I'll have about 250lbs up there with the tent and tack. Once we are set up I'll be looking at about 600 lbs on the roof. I've thought about using 2x2 angle down the entire bed sides to distribute the weight more. If I run the supports down to the bed it will interfere with my storage plans.

As for the rake, I'll just have to monitor the front coils while they break in more. I think once I have the tent mounted, steel rear bumper, 35" spare and spare fuel water it will sit more level. I do like how the front suspension keeps the geometry close to stock. Less wear and tear on the ball joints and cv's.

Davidw

Observer
My shell has the thule tracks up top and I'll be putting tabs that use the same bolts that hold the tracks on to tie them into the tube that I plan on using. I'll just remove the bed side caps and then run a bolt through the shell and support rack so that if I ever remove the shell I can put the caps back on and not see the holes.

The truck is looking great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998