QuenchSea Watermaker

Lemsteraak

Adventurer
I'm looking at putting one of these $150 water makers in my kit and interested in your thoughts

Water is heavy and I like to travel light. Much of my travel is by boat so it would go in my ditch bag.

Clean water is difficult to get in many places in the world. These guys are addressing the need, if you buy one, another one gets donated to someone in need. - Rich

Last edited:

john61ct

Adventurer
Human powered, at best 3L per hour

Sure for survival. . .

Replacement membranes stock OTS? guaranteed to be available decades from now?

For ongoing living off grid, a 20-30gph unit is more practical, can run off a little inverter gennie, or even a big enough alternator.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
The linked project may be interesting if it delivers to backers and is independently tested in its final commercial variant and proven to work.

Years ago, wanting to have a reliable source of potable water I bought a Katadyn Survivor 06-LL Desalinator and a Katadyn Pocket Water Filter, these gave me the possibility of producing safe, potable water from saltwater or any other body of water I was likely to encounter.

I have yet to find the perfect desalinator, but chose the best compromise of size, weight, performance and reliability to suit my application.

I'd love to see this new venture succeed but only time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger