Question about '85 Ford F250

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Also it would be wise to add an aftermarket water temperature gauge right off the bat.
Done. The stock gauge sarted being flakey on the way home with it. Advance Auto has a mechannical water temp gauge for $18 so I installed one. It was a simple install (already a cutout on the bottom of the dash where a gauge bracket had been I think. The gauge came with the fittings I needed.
It's staying right around 195-210 (higher at long lights). I have no idea what temp thermostat is in it and the fan clutch seems like it might be a bit on the weak side, though it does engage.

Fuel tank selector valve is your issue...very common with these trucks. You can also swap the rear tank out with a Bronco tank for added capacity.
What year Bronco tanks fit? Do I also need the Bronco support straps?
I don't think the rear tank has been used in years, has a really "old gas" smell when I remove the cap and it's gummed up in the cap.
I was gonig to remove it and have it hot tanked at the local radiator shop, but would like to see what I can get a good Bronco tank for if it's an easy swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior