Quigley Trackbar flaw - solutions?

G35Vortec454

Adventurer
I've completed my E250 4x4 conversion - transplanted the Quigley 4x4 parts from a 2000 E350 Quigley.

The problem is that the trackbar is too close to the upper webbing of the front axle housing and it hits the axle over even mild potholes. The trackbar needs to be shortened by 3 inches in order to clear the housing at full droop. Is this a Quigley design flaw?

Or is there another solution to this? Quigley owners, please chime in.

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
On my 2006 Quigley, the track bar falls just infront of the pumpkin, doesn't hit the axle at all. I had the springs and shocks off and cycled the suspension when i upgrading to Agile RIP kit.

G35Vortec454

Adventurer
On my 2006 Quigley, the track bar falls just infront of the pumpkin, doesn't hit the axle at all. I had the springs and shocks off and cycled the suspension when i upgrading to Agile RIP kit.

How long is your trackbar? I'd appreciate if you would measure it for me.

On mine (from 2000 E350 Quigley) the trackbar if BEHIND, above and to the right, of the axle housing. It is attached to the cross-member under the engine. It is 25-1/2 long, eye to eye. I could cut and splice/weld a tube over it and shorten it 3 inches but I'm not sure if it would then be too short for a trackbar at 22-1/2 inch.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears